Xpo logistics

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Buffalonytrucker92, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Buffalonytrucker92

Buffalonytrucker92 Medium Load Member

Dec 26, 2015
    western new York
    I'm starting on Monday, at the tonowanda ny terminal. Anyone know how it's going to be when I start? Or how it is working there. I know I'll be doing both linehaul and city work. And I understand they work the dock. Pay starts at $22.56 and .52 a mile and I know it tops out at $30.10.

Anyone enjoy working there and can I count on this being my retirement job? I'm 28 and looking to set my family up.

Thank you

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    What happened with FedEx Freight?

4. HiramKingWilliams

HiramKingWilliams Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2019
    State of Jefferson
    You’ll likely get the shat line runs, driving 3-4 hrs total per shift and working the dock 7+ hrs total per shift. Notice as short as 2 days to go from Line/night to P&D/days and vice-versa. Lotttts of damaged freight and p/o’d customers. Route sequencing for P&D will be poor, and nothing like how the freight is placed on your trailer anyhow. Liftgates with freight that can’t even come close to coming off a liftgate. Lots of residentials. One-lane dead-end roads in the dark/rain. Sketchy dirt roads in the hills in BFE. 2k-4k lbs skids moved with a pallet jack. Poor trailers, with busted Safe Stack bars falling all day in some trailers. “Assigned” tractors that other drivers will bump you for frequently, so take you stuff out each day, cause it sucks to not have gloves, glasses, etc. Not that there’s not good days, you’ll get one of them here and there.

5. BUMBACLADWAR

BUMBACLADWAR Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Finally..an Accurate review.I seem to remember Macy's "using them " for cheap delivery. Expect lots of " heavy lifting" of 2 Foot thick , 268lb.Stearns and Foster King Size Mattresses. Just what I seen in Oregon.

6. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    Sounds like a nightmare!

7. Buffalonytrucker92

Dec 26, 2015
    western new York

I went with xpo because I'd get more hours. At fedex the manager said I'll get 40 hours and that's it sometimes more but not usually. I hope xpo is not as bad as he is making it sound now I'm nervous..

McUzi and jmz Thank this.
  8. Buffalonytrucker92

Dec 26, 2015
    western new York
    I'm going in trying to be positive. Hopefully it's not as miserable as it sounds in my head. Cause now I'm stressing out.

snowlauncher Thanks this.
  9. Ronniev1262

Ronniev1262 Light Load Member

Jun 28, 2020
    Is it too late to give Fedex a chance?

Buffalonytrucker92 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.