YEAH!, I got a brand new truck!!!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Six9GS, Jan 25, 2022.

1. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    I often wondered what criteria is usually set for a company to assign a driver a new truck and not a hand me down? I’ve been driving 4 years, always full time miles, perfect record and I’ve never been assigned a truck with less than 300,000 miles. Lol. This last truck I got was pretty beat up by the previous driver.

My friend who has less experience than me, Has been assigned two brand new trucks for the last two companies he’s worked for. He even had to peel some of the plastic off the interior when he got it. Lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. goga

goga Heavy Load Member

Nov 11, 2021
    Earth..
    Covid has nothing to do with "delaying anything", gvmnt control freaks do.

4. goga

goga Heavy Load Member

Nov 11, 2021
    Earth..
    If it makes you happy, why not?)
    Good luck!!!!!
    New "apartment")

5. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    Congrats on the new ride!

6. Six9GS

Six9GS Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Yuma, AZ
    Yeah, not sure how or why I rated such. Probably more dumb luck than anything. But, I really really really don't want to switch trucks. One of the reasons I humorously submitted for getting a brand new truck was that it'd give me the best chance for not having to swap into,another truck. I am in good favor with my terminal manager and fleet manager. At least I think I am.
    Whatever the reason, I am grateful.

7. teams567

teams567 Medium Load Member

Jan 3, 2022
    How many miles do you ave per month? Per year?

8. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    What kind of problems exactly did you have with the old truck? It shouldn't be falling apart at that mileage

86scotty Thanks this.
  9. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    Probably emissions related. My current truck needed the DPF replaced with less than 275k.

10. Six9GS

Six9GS Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Yuma, AZ
    Actually, not the most 'productive' driver. Average less than 100,000 a year. That said, my usefulness is my willingness to do the little short runs most drivers don't want to do. I always tell them my priority is to be useful. I'm not a mile ##### and don't need to be. I figure they have loose ends here and there that need to be done, but may not be what most consider very productive. I'll do those whenever they want. I'm also always willing to do the one off kind of stuff. Makes for good adventures usually. So, never been, probably never will be a 'normal' driver. But, I think I do a decent job at being a useful one, which actually my desire and goal. I tend to think by the way I'm generally treated they appreciate that.

88 Alpha, D.Tibbitt and Vic Firth Thank this.
  11. teams567

teams567 Medium Load Member

Jan 3, 2022
    Thanks for responding.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.