Yellow ABS light of trailer stays on

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by defencerulez, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Rickyrobby

Rickyrobby Bobtail Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Company brake man .??? Oooh snap owner operator now what

2. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    What is the classification of "License to Ill?? That's unique.

3. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Wow, can't believe that this thread got resurrected...

4. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Will an ABS trailer function properly with a truck without ABS brakes?

It's got to be hard to find an older non ABS van trailer that's in good shape I would imagine.

5. CTusa

CTusa Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2019
    I work for company that 90 percent of trailers abs not work. National company we have to take them or no pay for the day. Sucks.

6. Johnny Be Good

Johnny Be Good Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2019
    That also means a rubber hub seal may start leaking, the oil covers the sensors, activating the light for mal function.
    Obviously that’s is a Out Of Service for sure, like cracked air bags, and low profile brake pads, and if slack adjuster is moving more than 2” before the pad touches the drum, that’s also an Ticket for Self adjusting brake in mal function. You need to check by hand the free travel dustance slack adjuster rod does.

7. CTusa

CTusa Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2019
    Yes company drivers drive and report issues. Mechanics suppose to fix the problems and prevent out of service with their annual inspections. Drivers cant be measuring push rod distance and all we dont have the tools. Mechanics get mad when they have to repair but drivers drive mechanics repair. Just do it hehe. Companies are at fault as well for not directing mechanics to do proper fix then driver gets nailed psp report bcuz dumb company not fix it. Not feel safe no drive. But no drive no money what choice we have.

8. brandon72

brandon72 Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2019
    Exactly..There is a wire running into the inside wheel on a 4 back there..Unplug them, shoot a little starting fluid in each one, and the 2 little pins to clean them up, then wire brush or sand paper the little pins clean, then dab a little grease on each pin and plug er back in..Go unplug the pig from the trailer, and start it up, then plug the pig back up and hopefully the light is out...

9. flybynight12

flybynight12 Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2015
    slc
    Do what I used to do pull the plug out the light you dont need abs to drive they didnt have it 50 years ago

10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Ive had many trailers with that yellow light, that just says MR ABS is out to lunch.

There have been many times I needed Mr ABS and grew to love and depend on it. However I always allow for the off chance there is No Mr ABS and fortunately as long there is pavement to throw her around a little bit I can make it work.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.