YES!! finally a job offer! SYSCO Drivers???

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by Rolling18, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rolling18

Rolling18 Light Load Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Portland, OR
    Greetings,
    I finally got a job offer from SYGMA / (clackamas OR)
    are there any Sygma drivers here?? who can give me some advice and words of wisdom?

I start paperwork tomorrow!!
    some basic info is starting pay is minimum 850 per 4 day week.
    does anyone know if they have OT?

they do have one of those overly complex complicated pay schemes.. so prevalent in our industry.

whats an average paycheck per month?
    they DO seem to have LOTS of benefits!!

also CEVA logistics wants to hire me (contracted by Honda) to deliver auto parts any info on them???

thanks!
    AND YES I HAVE SEARCHED and not found what i was looking for:biggrin_25517:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ron M

Ron M Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2009
    Central Oregon
    I use to own a restaurant in the valley, Sysco and US Foodservice are the company's that brought our food to us. Sysco seemed to be the best ran company of the 2. The drivers loved it there, good pay and benefits. They worked hard but were well paid, they did get overtime and it seems like free benefits. My Sysco was the Wilsonville plant.

4. Rolling18

Dec 11, 2008
    Portland, OR
    thanks for the info!!
    I mis typed in the subject line i meant to say SYGMA not Sysco..
    the only Sygma here is in Clackamas
    anyway what they are starting me out at is 850Wk. min.plus .28cpm. and $7.50 per 1000Lbs.

i did not find any info about OT..:biggrin_25510: im guessing not (its cheaper)

5. dr5169

dr5169 Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2008
    chicago,il
    I am thinking of getting into the food service business and i would also like to hear what some of the experienced guys have to say...

6. chief

chief Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2007
    Flavor Country, NC
    I hope you guys are husky and have extremely strong backs.

7. ConcreteAngel

ConcreteAngel Light Load Member

Aug 23, 2007
    I have a friend that works for Ceva hauling honda parts and he enjoys it..he's home every weekend, hauls the parts at night.... and makes good money... w/good benefits... My concern is with the auto industry and this economy, what is going to happen with Honda...We've all seen the impact of the 3 big major corporations: GM, Ford and now Chrylser/Dodge...:biggrin_2552:
    Good luck on which one will better suit you, but keep in mind, people have to eat, they might not be able to afford a new/used car....

Take care! :biggrin_25519:

~~ConcreteAngel~~

8. Rolling18

Dec 11, 2008
    Portland, OR
    haha weeel.. im not a big guy at all (5'10 150) no husk at all.. however, I have done this type of work for awhile (2 years) for a company called Vistar / Roma but they did not use that Cadec or computer tattletale :biggrin_25516:system thing so we wernt micromanaged to the last minute, mile and pound taking away any drivers decisions.. or safety. so we will see how this productivity and "performance based " thing works out :biggrin_25526: dont even get me started on a Point system.. uhh where are the unions!! help help!!
    they are treating drivers like assembly like workers.. work harder faster, more more, system is designed so you can never do enough.. if you meet the standard they raise it! then your behind again:biggrin_2552:
    That was my thinking too, its MUCH easier work but its not future-proof as much as the food service would be.. mabey milk tankers!:biggrin_25517:

9. dr5169

dr5169 Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2008
    chicago,il
    Rolling18 did you have truck driving exp?? or did you just get out of truck driving school??

10. Ron M

Ron M Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2009
    Central Oregon
    With lagging car sales I would think the auto parts sales would be booming. I wouldn't totality count out the Honda parts job.

11. CHHALL3

CHHALL3 Light Load Member

Dec 1, 2008
    Augusta, GA
    I am happy for you! It is always a nice feeling to be needed!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.