Yes I'm a Noobie or Newbie for the grammar nuts..

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by spellman, Feb 21, 2012.

1. spellman

spellman Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Spring Lake, NC
    Wassup, I would like to say hi to everyone on this forum. I go by Spellman and once I begin driving will use that as my handle. I am a former Marine ( still a Marine in my heart) and currently enlisted in the Army with a total of 13yrs of service. I am in the process of transitioning from active duty Army back to being a good ole civilian. I just enrolled in truck driving school and decided to join the forum to help in my research of what companies to look at and which ones to stay clear of.

I have read numerous posts of new drivers asking about a company after signing on and finding out they just picked the worst company in the industry. I hope to avoid that mistake, I am open to any advice that the seasoned drivers on here have to offer.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    Welcome, my advice is read, read and read the fourms some more

4. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    Welcome to TTR! I'm former Army. What/How did you go Marines to the Army?
    Did you get out and reinlist? You don't here many stories of cross military.

I think one other member done that.

Good luck trucking. This forum will help you alot, but there is still plenty stuff you have to walk that mile, or drive it. :)

Basically, you have to find the best of the worst. The real good jobs won't come for a year or two.

5. spellman

spellman Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Spring Lake, NC
    LOL, I actually have ran into a lot of former Marines in the Army, to answer your question I went through a bad divorce and got out of the Marines so I could get custody of my kid, after a few yrs I remarried and tried to go back in but they wasn't accepting prior service at the time so I went Army and got a better MOS. Most other Marines I spoke too switched just to be able to Fly Helicopters and get that Warrant status!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.