You ain't, well you might, believe this

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by nikmirbre, Jun 23, 2022.

1. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Ok back in March I picked up a crate(we all know what a crate is), freight that is in some type of box right?
    It was a kind of open crate( it was a sign piece encased in wood wrapped in plastic and cellophane). The dimensions were 15ft long x 3ft wide x 12ft tall. Since it wasn't wide, shipper built kind of an "A" frame to help hold the crate upright. I threw 3 straps over the CRATE where the shipper wanted and rolled out.

I get to delivery and there is a crack on 2 different spots, RIGHT WHERE IT WAS WELDED AT!!!! So in other words the welds broke!( Ill post a picture later on this evening). It was a thin sign piece... idk what it was made out of, some type of thin metal. I get to receiver and they were ready to unload it( 5guys to hand unload it). They notice the cracked welds....... long story short, the shipper tells them to refuse the product, because they said its cheaper to throw that piece away and ship another than to have me take it back.

So, they remove the "A" frame and push it off my trailer, the Metal and the wood bust all up.

Of course they notate it on the BOL. Broker files a claim on my insurance. And I hadn't been paid

My insurance is waiting on them to produce the piece and has been for about 60 days........ Gimme a lil while ill post pictures

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Newport, Ar
    You did have them note, “No fault of Driver.” on BoL, right?

4. nikmirbre

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC

Better yet, I was recording with my phone, when he said shipper was shoddy with the welding!

5. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    Time to make a claim on brokers bond

6. nikmirbre

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Without clean BOL, how?

7. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Not understanding why broker hasn’t paid , when shipper admitted workmanship fault.

8. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    I doubt there is a difference its clean or not , load been delivered - carrier must be paid . I might be mistaken , will let anyone more experienced get in...
    Unless contract states that you are not getting paid if there is a damage .... I did multiple times , even during my car hauling years ... Never had an issue , you have nothing to loose anyway . Worth the try unless its your biggest contract and you dont want to loose it ... But after you mentioned broker filed a claim and you are not at fault its no brainer to me weather to file on his bond or not

9. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Sorry to hear all that. Shipper should have told them to accept the load, not refuse it, and then keep it.

10. nikmirbre

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Im struggling with my pictures...ill get it up though. BTW, it was the one and only TQL load ill ever do!!!

11. nikmirbre

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC

Oh not at all, it was a TQL fill in load.....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.