You ever feel this way?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Mike2633, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Starboyjim

Starboyjim Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Weed, CA
    Enjoy The Nervous, Mike. It's just a sign of you doing something you care about.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Once you get more exp you'll see the only thing different with a company is the address.All those jitters will go away.I'm starting a new company and to me its just another trucking company.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  4. Ex-Con-Trucker

Ex-Con-Trucker Medium Load Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Atlanta, Ga
    Last month I transferred within my company from driving OTR to local. Within three weeks I informed my local boss that I was transferring back to OTR. Sometimes the grass isn't always greener. One thing I really took for granted was the amount of money I saved while being on the road. Also paying 120-200 more per week in taxes working local. Seems like I'm working two times as much local as OTR. Definitely a different world.

Hopefully it works out for ya. I think something would be wrong if you weren't a little anxious or nervous.

5. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'm having bouts with the local vs regional vs otr thing again. Despite being home every night, I feel I work harder and longer as a local than I ever did out on the road. I have no life Monday through Friday as I'm in bed by 7pm most nights and up at 1am and usually work 12-14 hours per day.

The only reason I'm back on a local fleet is the wife. She hates when I'm on the road, and gives just enough snide remarks to make me feel miserable about it. If I weren't married, I'd be out on the road and much happier than I am now.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2006
    FIGMO
    Local isn't for everyone, Neither is marriage.

Voyager1968 and Mike2633 Thank this.
  7. mcnabbtransport

mcnabbtransport Light Load Member

Jul 13, 2013
    You need to have the heart to heart with the wife. My wife would love to have me home every night as well. For a while I tried to make that happen, but it was killing me trying to make a paycheck and make it hope every night. In the end I decided it was better for us as a family for me to run until I was done and then come home. I get more quality home time that way. Also my paychecks are fatter. [emoji106]

Mike2633 and Voyager1968 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.