You have to wonder about the intelligence of

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by HighMilerNoAccidents, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HighMilerNoAccidents

HighMilerNoAccidents Bobtail Member

May 13, 2008
    Phoeniz, AZ
    Some of these trucking companies and their "rules".

I am a 30 year+ accident free professional, all endorsements except passenger (although I've had that one also), ex-driver trainer for national companies looking to get back on the road after some time off (a couple of years) - think of Katrina.

Twice now (the two times I called a company) I have been told "Sorry, we don't hire out of there - or you live too far from the terminal (20 miles - May trucking, and was instantly hung up on - the other time they did hire out of the state [LA} but not that city - New Orleans, LA - Roehl - that female recruiter sounded like an automaton when she repeated "sorry, we do not hire out of there even after I explained I am not looking to get home time - just miles)....

I can "domecile" in several states. I am not looking to get "home" every week or even every month. I simply want to get on the road and stay there for a year or two.

I am every trucking companies dream - yes, truly I am. Many awards, perfect records with every company I've been with, owned my own until de-regulation. I am a consummate professional, always on time, don't smoke, don't drink, intelligent, understand the importance of taking care of customers - and here I get hung up on even before I can say:"You know, I am not looking to get home - just spend a couple of years on the road".

Or, could it possibly be I am just *too* experienced - better profit with inexperienced drivers who work for 20+ cpm?

Personally I think that is a huge factor in this equation. What is clear is that - as it always has been - being a professional does not change the way a driver is treated by most companies.

There are - and were - notable exceptions to this fact. The problem is that de-regulation killed many of them and the ones left are increasingly hard to find..

CR

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wen782

Wen782 Medium Load Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Cincinnati, OH
    That really does seem crazy that they wouldn't be interested in someone like you. Maybe they don't believe it? :)

Good luck finding a good company to work for that will appreciate you!

4. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY
    Look up the LCAPP board in the forsale section. Once in a while you'll find a Landstar O/O looking to hire.

Also look for bcoforum and see if you can post a message there.

5. Otter

Otter Light Load Member

Mar 16, 2008
    Milton, VT.
    Heartland Transportation out of Estherville Iowa has some open Western Stars, we pull 53' reefers, we run legal, and need people with experience.

6. HighMilerNoAccidents

May 13, 2008
    Phoeniz, AZ

Thanks..=*^)

As I wrote - I think it is mainly wanting to keep the cost down (cents/mile pay). They seem more willing to accept the possible accidents and the cost of that than pay more per mile..

As for not believing it - all it easily collaborated. I have sterling references. It's all on file..=^)

CR

7. HighMilerNoAccidents

May 13, 2008
    Phoeniz, AZ
    Would you get a referral fee? If so, contact me privately and I'll give you my contact info..

CR

8. HighMilerNoAccidents

May 13, 2008
    Phoeniz, AZ
    Thank you - I will look for it..

CR

9. retiredhand

retiredhand Bobtail Member

Aug 6, 2008
    sacramento, ca
    If you can still flatbed. Ram trucking in Brownsville Oregon will hire you. It's 27% of gross. They have plenty of loads. They'll keep you loaded and rolling. You can run 48. They have 2 year old or newer Stand-up Pete 379 EXHs w/475 Cats and 48' air ride Western composite spread axle trailers . They have blue cross/blue shield ins. They are a small company that started in 1989. I drove for them for 5 years before I retired and they were the best people I've ever worked for. Never had a problem with pay. Never sat more than a day or weekend and was allways treated like the big companies say they'll treat you. We had a few old hands there besides me. First year I got a $500 Christmas bonus. $1000 every year after that. I also have over 1 mil accident free miles. We had guys older and with more miles than me and they're still there.

Good luck n Good Truckin

AfterShock Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.