Young and brainwashed sailors.

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Chinatown, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    The USS Harry S Truman aircraft carrier in the eastern Mediterranean operates thousands of miles away from Orlando. But the brutal killings in Florida, committed in the name of the terror group ISIS, resonated with the 5,000 sailors on board the massive ship.
    “What we’re doing here is about stopping that ideology from spreading around the world,” Truman pilot Paolo Singh, who has conducted some 150 missions, told me. “The more we can keep that from happening, the more I’m willing to keep on doing it.”
    Related Image
    [​IMG]Expand / Contract
    (Fox News Photo)
    In fact, during some seven months at sea, the Truman’s jet fighters have dropped over 1,500 bombs on ISIS targets. During that time, they say, ISIS-held territory has been rolled back.
    Reflecting on the Orlando attacks, Bret Batchelder, the Admiral of the Truman’s Carrier Group told us, “I would offer that we keep in mind that the fight that we’re fighting here is against people like that.” He added, “That makes it a fairly just cause.”
    The massive war machine is kept running by a lot of busy, mostly young people, who service the planes, make the meals, and keep the vessel “ship-shape,” including Danielle Outland from Walnut Creek, California.
    “We work hard every day, we stay dedicated, we stay strong,” she told me. She went on to say with a seasoned view beyond her 20 years, “Times get tough some times. But you just realize the bigger picture is what we’re doing for the people back home.”
    Related Image
    [​IMG]Expand / Contract
    (Fox News Photo)
    The Truman was actually extended a month after logging more than 6 months in the Persian Gulf fighting ISIS. The sailors will be back in their home port of Norfolk, Virginia in mid-July. As dedicated as they are, it sounds like they can’t wait to take a break.
    When I asked Matthew Simon of Bastrop, Texas, who works to keep the jet fighters flying, if he was eager to get home, he replied with a wide grin, “Oh, yeah. Absolutely. I’m ready. It’s time.”
    Unfortunately its not time yet to “call time” on the war on ISIS.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    The Middle East is so peaceful and properous now that we've destroyed their infrastructure, homes, hospitals, etc.
    When I was a young sailor, I also believed all the garbage we were brainwashed with.
    Create a threat, then throw money at it and the rich get richer.

4. Newbeav Newbie

Newbeav Newbie Medium Load Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Glad you have all the answers.

5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I don't have all the answers; just some hard earned common sense.
    Just learned today American politicians give over $350,000,000.00 per year to public schools in the Middle East that preach ISIS is good and to praise ISIS.
    The politicians claim that's exaggerated, but in reality their rich corporate friends need to keep the cycle going because it's very profitable.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
    Blackshack46 and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  6. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I respect the men and women who signed up and give their service. It takes guts and I honestly don't think I could do it myself. Not in a direct combat situation anyways. The point I'd like to make is that since I've been out of high school and been away from all that idealistic crap they shovel down your throat there. I've started to see that there are a lot of holes in what "the man" tells us. It just seems to me that we should be questioning things a little more than we are now.

7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I know sailors that served on the USS Turner Joy and USS Maddox and they all say they were not attacked by Vietnam in the Tonkin Gulf. Back then we were told America was attacked and if we didn't invade Vietnam then we would be fighting them on our own shores. My buddy was a seaman on the Turner Joy and had to go inside a gun turrent to pick up body parts after a malfunction that caused an explosion in side the turrent. That was a 20 year war; 1955-75.

osokusmc, NavigatorWife and tucker Thank this.
  8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    @NorthernMechanic - I served with Canadians and they were all really good sailors and smart and easy to work with. They served because after 7 years were granted US Citizenship. Lots of Mexicans and Philippinas did the same. Probably most Americans are unaware of this. There were even recruiting offices in Philippines.

9. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    Bro, this is not the same war. The Vietnamese did not strike all civilizations around the world because they do not think alike. This is a global war on Jihad not a nation or government. I agree with your claim of misused funds. If a bomb kills a jihadist that is awesome! More dead jihadis the better. Kill em all and there is no threat. -And yes it is possible to destroy them. Just gotta be smarter and more lethal.

AModelCat, rachi and Chinatown Thank this.
  10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I respect your opinion and service. Anyway, the cork is out of the bottle now and there's no stuffing it back in. Think of it as trying to herd cats; it's not going to happen.

Short Fuse EOD Thanks this.
  11. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    No women on the ship when I served.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.