Young and brainwashed sailors.

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Chinatown, Jun 16, 2016.

1. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    This is exactly the reason I have decided to end my lineage (is that the word I'm searching for?). I honestly think it would be cruel to bring a child into the world with how bad things are even today. Too much PC and the simple act of disagreeing with popular opinion has you branded as a racist/biggot/etc. Unfortunately its past the point of no return IMO.

NavigatorWife, gokiddogo and Chinatown Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I was talking to a female school teacher in Beijing the other day and she asked where I'm from in America. I told her I was born and raised in Tennessee and she said, "Oh, then you're a racist." I asked "Why would you say something like that; that's ridculous." She said, "We have a "minority" school teacher that teaches English here from Seattle,WA and that's what he tells everyone. He says he's never been to the Southeast and will never go there because of it."

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  4. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Lol that's what a lot of Canadians say about us Albertans because we normally all vote for right wing parties (I'm hoping this last provincial election was a fluke), while the rest of the country usually votes left. I guess you could say Alberta is kind of the blacksheep of the country in terms of politics lol.

NavigatorWife and Chinatown Thank this.
  5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    The woman I was talking to is also an English teacher and tutors students on weekends and nights in their homes. She's Chinese and born in China. Her English was so horrible it was difficult talking to her; I got a headache trying to decipher what she was saying. The guy from Seattle taught her English. My wife finally told her, "Speak Chinese then I'll translate it to English for my husband."

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  6. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    One would think they could engineer a better fix than ditching a multi-million dollar taxpayer funded aircraft. I'd certainly hope there is someone working on it. I also hope it's extremely rare for hung ordinance situations in the first place.

7. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    Did you tell her you don't go to Seattle because of the left-wing nuts who generalize about people they've never met who live in places they've never been?

Chinatown Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    That was usually A-4's with hung ordance. That was in Vietnam. They were even shooting down B-52 bombers. The North Vietnamese were smart; they figured out the exact moves a B-52 made after dropping their bombs. They all made the exact same moves every time. The North Vietnamese had a SAM Missle waiting on them. The big brass officers refused to change the flight pattern.

9. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    30 years ago I was one of those brainwashed sailors

10. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Then again thirty years ago I had never heard of the USS Liberty either

11. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    In my day it was the USS Pueblo (AGER-2) captured by North Korea and then later they shot down a EC-121 aircraft from VQ-1. We were diverted there from the Tonkin Gulf both times. Never been so cold in my life. Geeze, how can they survive in that coldness. My bone marrow had ice crystals. Having been climatized for the heat of Vietnam then put in that cold weather made it worse.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.