Young And Dumb

Discussion in 'Other News' started by mjd4277, Apr 8, 2019.

1. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    olddog_newtricks Thanks this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I have been in the process of taking cars and people inside of them for worse than that. The last one involved a car shining a laser beam into my cab on me. My drives were put into position to take it out when the laughing became screams of sorry. Turned out there was a local fad with key chain lasers that year in the midwest at football games where people would use it to point out individuals.

I think about that night now and then and it would have been at least 4 counts of voluntary man slaughter. I don't know if that laser beam would have held up in court as a defense.

Fast forward to today, as a concealed carry I have no time to decide if it is real, fake or a toy. It depends on the overall situation because if I am wrong it's bad.

5. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i do believe that many jerks have been caught and charged with some sort of "interference to commerce", in the case where these idjuts pointed the lasers at aircrafts..

it really does not take too much effort on the police air "squad" to locate the "beacons of laser" point of origin.

so maybe in your situation, that may not have been a defense, per se, but the case may have been reduced to a lesser charge..??? like...."steering wheel involuntary movement"..???

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.