Young drivers, electric trucks and pot among institute's research priorities

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Rocks, May 29, 2021.

1. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    No, im pointing out the ambiguity of your statement, people beliving only the first is true are assuming you mean the second as written and arguing with you about that.

You may mean the second without the last word but youre defending it as if the last word is there.

You know what youre doing

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. '88K100

'88K100 Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2020
    Trucking associations represent companies, not truck drivers which is why they always claim driver retention is not about money

4. slow.rider

slow.rider Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2017
    NYC
    When I said studies tend to deliver facts, what I meant was studies tend to deliver facts. Theres no ambiguity there. When someone thinks studies "seem to skew the results", it just might be because that person has been trained to oppose facts.

5. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    "Zero emission trucks" that's a good one. Tell that to the coal power plant or the nuclear waste in a nuclear power plant.

6. skallagrime

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    Looking at a study's findings and being distrustful of the same is not completely unreasonable.

Consider exxon funding a study of environmental harm to deep water drilling, or on the other end of the spectrum a windmill farm funding a study of the benefits of electrical vehicles.

Its not as cut and dried as you are making it seem

Both may have valid points, but they both CERTAINLY have agendas

7. skallagrime

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    This is exactly your problem, the exxon studies were not "fake studies" they were motivated. They were flawed and easy to pick apart but so are your preferred "studies"

Simple data is less ambiguous, "studies" carry with them less weight in their conclusions ESPECIALLY when they comport with the motivations of the agenda of those studying them/funding them.

8. slow.rider

slow.rider Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2017
    NYC
    Nope, the ExxonMobil "studies" were specifically intended to ignore and contradict known facts, not find facts. Therefore they were not studies. ExxonMobil knew the truth, intentionally hid that truth, and paid for "studies" which "found" the exact opposite of that truth. Thats not how studies are done. Them calling their disinformation efforts "studies" doesn't make them studies.

It seems to me that using this logic, studies finding health care benefits aren't believable unless they're done by murderers.

Although you do seem to be making an admission that the most believable climate studies of all are the ones ExxonMobil hid.

:cool:

9. skallagrime

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    You are reading into what im saying too far and im not having it,

Specifically in one case you are right, studies that vested interests hide after not liking the results DO tend to be more beleivable.

Replicability of a study in full by independent entities is also extremely important.

I am not the enemy you are making me out to be, stop it

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.