Young wife, mother of 2 killed by a simple pothole

Discussion in 'Other News' started by brinkj23, Dec 19, 2010.

1. northbamatrucker

northbamatrucker Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2009
    This happened before the summer. I know after it happened they lowered the speed limit from 70 to 55 at the 182 mile marker to the Georgia line and the Troopers are working it like crazy. They are working on repaving but who knows when it will be completed.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rerun8963

Rerun8963 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2006
    ova-hereee

well in my state for example, we have been given some of the old railroad lines. in turn, these are then torn up and repaved to make bike paths which are quite long, and go through so many scenic areas, it blows one's mind....

this is where SOME of the highway fuel tax monies are going.....

in my state, the public transit bus (owned by my state) gets some of this money as well.......

what is left over, goes to filling one or two potholes they "find" all of a sudden.....

repaving of the roads, is done by federal money, bonds, etc........

yeah, IF ALL the states actually used the money they get from the fuel taxes (which is diesel and gasoline sales), we'd have some of the best roads in the world....but you know, if it makes sense, it just will not work......there's just gotta be miles of red tape....

4. Rerun8963

Rerun8963 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2006
    ova-hereee
    :biggrin_2556:
    'bout time.....

the last time i was on I-78 was back in late spring of 2008....they were just starting some work on that highway then....from what i was seeing, it looked like they were installing more speed bumps...!!!

5. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

yeah I remember those days, the bumps seemed to be about the same length as the distance between axles. Even in a 4-wheeler, you felt more like you were riding a horse from mile 5 to mile zero.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.