Your company provided Doctor WC claim

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by dancnoone, May 12, 2007.

1. MIKEROWE

MIKEROWE Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2010
    loudon n.h.
    Hey littlbit, Last month I slipped off my truck and ripped a disc in my back Im from N.H and am getting treated here. companys wc ins has given permissin for treatment but wont return calls or tell me status of my claim, its been over a month now and my company is treating me like a leper and also wont return calls, I am getting nowhere trying to find an attorney becuase I live in N.H but the accident happened in N.Y. and my terminal is in N.Y.when I called a NY attorney he put me on hold for about 15 min and told me he thought I should get an attorney from NH when I called a firm here, same thing put on hold and then told I should go thru NY.Things are getting pretty tight at this point and it would be a lot less stress if I could just get some basic answers, if you would have any advice it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time and I hope you heal well and fast.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dibstr

dibstr Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Mississippi
    States have a Workman's Compensation Commission, or Division. They can answer your questions and/or handle many of the problems which arise between the injured worker, the employer and it's insurer. In NH you can get contact info from

http://www.labor.state.nh.us/workers_compensation.asp

Best regards

4. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO

AHHH, Mike, Littlbit was last seen way back in 8/2007! You need to look at a few things when resurrecting a dead thread! Look at the top left corner. See the post date? Then look at the top right corner that shows all of the posters info. You'll see the last time they checked in here or posted anything in TTR!

5. dino6960

dino6960 YOUDAMAN

Jun 25, 2009
    florida
    here is what i have learned,I just recently settled my workers comp case...... i had a preveous back injury 20 years ago,now back then once you ad seen the workers comp doc ,you could choose your own doctor, this was part of the paitence bill of rights! Now, here in the land of obama care, then sent me to a heath group called concentra, they were ok but, i asked to get a referal to the doctor that took care of me last time ,and was told i have to go to their doctors??? the problem i have found is this is not a bout you getting better,it's about the money the inssurance company can save!! you are a case number and if you dont burn up the phone asking questions,you will get walked all over!!! and at this point my sugestion to you all is do like it did! treat your injury like a buisness, yes thats right a buisness, first contact a workers comp attorny, keep records of dates and times of phone calls,keep apocket recorder and record every conversation, when keeping track of all this do not just write it on a pad, buy a hard back book ,due to a note pad is not admissable in court!.....cover you but due to there has been somany fraud cases that ,it is how you will be treated untill it all is settled!!!! belive me when i say this i just went thru it all!!!! Doing all this worked to my advantage! they tryed toplay the game with us, and they lost!!! and it cost them$$$$$$$

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.