Your favorite truck stop thread

Discussion in 'Swift' started by GuffBall, Mar 18, 2011.

1. GuffBall

GuffBall Bobtail Member

Mar 13, 2011
    none
    What and where is you favorite truck stop?

1. Truck stop name
    2. location
    3. Why it is your favorite

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Palazon

Palazon Road Train Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    Tough call: I have 3, depending on where I'm going.

GeeCee's exit 57 I-5 WA. Easy parking, great food, really good coffee. (Deli fish or chicken meals)

Gear Jammer just south of Yakima, WA. Easy plentiful parking, garbage barrels every 4th slot. Resteraunt very good.

TA just south of Portland I-5. Good food at resteraunt, excellent coffee. Friendly repair shop, lots of minor repair parts for the DIY. Very clean showers. Ton of parking.

4. Texas-Nana

Texas-Nana Princess Drives-a-Lot

Apr 23, 2008
    Nana's empty nest
    Big Boy's

NC

It's a "real" truckstop not some big super chain of minimarts with fuel. Also the restaurant has a freaking southern buffet. Heart attack on a plate.

The showers are old, the tv room worn, the lot needs repair but the employees are super friendly and truck oriented. I liked them a great deal and when we stayed the second night they gave us a free dinner because they liked us! You can't beat that with a stick.

5. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    1. Pilot
    2.In West Wendover Nevada
    3. It is right next door to The Trucker's Lounge. You can go in there and flash your CDL, get a free shower, free coffee and a 'buy one get one free' coupon to the buffet across the street at the Rainbow.

I've done a couple of 34's there and several 10's and many many 1 or 2 hours stops to hit the craps tables.

After a long boring stretch of salt flats coming in from Salt Lake City, West Wendover is a virtual paradise.

Trilleth and JimDriv3r Thank this.
  6. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    After being out here so long, it is hard to remember some of mine, but one that sticks out,
    The Stage Stop
    Boise, ID
    Everytime that I have been in there, it is very trucker friendly, where the driver comes first, and the four wheelers come second. There even used to be a sign in there that somewhat stated this, and the showers, some even have a bidet for the ladies.

Another is in Fernley, instead of a shower, you can get one of the ones that has a jacuzzi.

7. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Loves at Choteau, OK ... just because of the water pressure in the showers. It's like a power wash. People are friendly also.

8. AZS

AZS Honk if anything falls off

Sep 30, 2010
    PHX, AZ
    This space reserved for when I find one lol. If I gotta come up with one in my my short time out, Petro in Joplin, MO is cool.

9. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Brintles Travel Plaza in Mount Airy Nc

I-77 x100

Great restaurant, well laid out parking lot, DEDICATED fuel desk, and real nice people. I don't get out that way too often but I'll never pass them up.

jlind Thanks this.
  10. Hamshoe

Hamshoe Medium Load Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Illinois
    That is still under construction isn't it? Gonna be nice when finished....it has the green show truck inside the building? They have too much space wasted on trinkets and soveniers though.

11. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Among my favorites.

TA Knoxville TN.

KH

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.