Your Medical Card

Discussion in 'Swift' started by DickJones, Oct 14, 2010.

1. DickJones

DickJones Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2010
    Just stopped at our Columbus terminal, and the guy at the driver window was asking all the drivers for their medical card. The driver in front of me (notice i didnt give race or gender, Injun? :biggrin_25525::biggrin_2559:) starts giving attitude back to the guy for even asking. Asking "why do you need to see it?" and "its only required in my truck, and i'm not in my truck". I just spoke up saying "come on, man".

then once he got his t-call paperwork, walked off, mumbling something else about being asked for his medical card. Since most of the simple violations swift drivers have had in the past few months, according to my safety manager, are drivers who do not have their medical paperwork and/or medical card in the truck.

To my understanding, you carry a CDL in your wallet. And since you need a valid medical card to make your CDL valid, i've always thought you had to carry it with the CDL.

anyone know the law on that? (pulling out my medical card now to look at the backside)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.