Your Opinion Hauling Fuel For Truckstop?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by tscottme, Dec 2, 2017.

1. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

What's your opinion of the job hauling fuel to chain truck stops? Compared to other tanker jobs is it a good place to start, just another job, a job you hope to get one day? The job I'm looking at pays hourly (just under $19), 60 hours per week w/OT after 40. Full benefits. Back home daily. The money sounds OK to me. Cost of living is low to moderate and no income tax where I live.

Thanks.

TST65 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ncdriver1

ncdriver1 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    That sounds like a sweet job. 1250-1300 a week, benefits, home daily, and 5-6 day work week? Plus you know its a truck stop so not like a small mom and pop that isn't meant for an 18 wheeler....I'd be all over that.

TST65 and tscottme Thank this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Im not sure if I want to try and support a full fledged truckstop with fuel tanker. 8000 gallons in a truckstop NE of Atlanta running 40 pumps will vanish in 15 minutes.

IF you can get that kind of work go get it. Be happy. But you cannot really stop during your shift. You will be going. So take everything with you.

TST65 and tscottme Thank this.
  5. tscottme

I look like I'm moving to Mexico when I show up for work. I bring everything, just in case.

x1Heavy, TST65 and REO6205 Thank this.
  6. rearview

rearview Medium Load Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Tenakee Springs
    Might be better served by a rail cars?

7. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Pipeline would be best at that volume, I don't know where the main fuel POL point is for that part of the USA.

Here in Little Rock we have a Petro and a number of other fuel posts for trucking, a tanker man would be constantly running down to north little rock to get refills.

tscottme Thanks this.
  8. tscottme

Fuel loads come from Nashville & Chattanooga. Nashvile is definitely connected to major pipeline from Gulf coast to the Northeast USA. I don't know about Chattanooga, but it probably is also.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  9. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Colonial Most likely. They have a major pipeline to the east coast I think that passes real close to Nashville.

We have 5 to north little rock, but completed two new ones that I know of that goes to the east coast.

There is a huge facility I think at kentucky/Westvirginia line. I might be off a state, it's been many years since I seen it. However the king of them all is Cushing Ok.

tscottme Thanks this.
  10. tscottme

Nashville is definitely connected to Colonial pipeline. After Katrina it was down for a week or so and Nashville media was talking about it.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  11. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    I'd jump at it. It sounds like a great company as long as their equipment is up to par.

x1Heavy and tscottme Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.