Your OWN shop!!!

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by KenworthGuyNH, Jun 16, 2014.

1. 1johnb

1johnb Medium Load Member

Jun 13, 2012
    New Paris Ohio
    I would give a lot of thought before I put in a pit. Or if I did where I would put it. Granted crawling under a truck isn't fun(floor heat makes it a lot more enjoyable) a big hole in the floor can be unhandy in the wrong spot.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. heavyhaulerss

heavyhaulerss Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2009
    AL/TN BORDER
    I can just see dannythetrucker under his truck, a cup of coffee on one side, empty beer cans on the other side, asleep on the creeper. music playing in the back round. :p

rollin coal and whoopNride Thank this.
  4. Bdog

Bdog Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2014
    I have three shops. A insulated 50x50 that is my main shop and has piped air, lift, welders, bathroom etc, a 30x50 for storage, and a 30x40 for storage. I also have a 30x40 three sided shed and a 25x50 three sided shed.

Mine were built over time as money allowed and for the needs at the time. Looking at it today I wish I just had one huge shop. I can fit my 379 or my dump truck in the 50x50 or under either shed but nothing I have is big enough for a truck with a trailer.

My advice if you build a shop build it twice as large as you think you will ever need.

rollin coal and Derailed Thank this.
  5. Derailed

Derailed Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Ain't that the truth!

6. RGN

RGN Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2014
    I put LED high-bay lights in mine a couple of years ago, huge improvement.

This might sound weird, I was skeptical when he told me his idea. A buddy of mine's wife has horses; he put radiant in his new shop and ran lines outside to a slab/crib with PEX in it for the manure- it actually works! That #### pile gets hot. Shop is warm 24/7 in the winter and all he pays is for the circulation pump electricity.

Al. Roper Thanks this.
  7. MJ1657

MJ1657 Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Isanti, MN
    There is a guy around here that has tubing under his driveway. Melts the snow right off.

Al. Roper Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.