Your rights and shippers and receivers

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by Clinton1978, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clinton1978

Clinton1978 Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2015
    Some of the pictures of our assault. They are of both my wife and I. We have more. I also have a police report, which is mostly lies from the guards. 226CCFB7-B4D1-4FD6-AB72-BBE70DDFA79A.jpeg This picture was taken yesterday, a full month after they assault took place....
    02B4A3EA-12A6-4EFA-8C01-DAA1B82272F5.jpeg 5C298FA9-5B34-4D10-BE67-B65072596EF0.jpeg That’s my tail bone. ^^^^ 2DC63B1E-1829-498D-9AD7-8AF9C2FBD431.jpeg wife^^^ 1C6E5469-14FB-4DC2-9B3F-1A736801D4AC.jpeg wife^^^^ 1C6E5469-14FB-4DC2-9B3F-1A736801D4AC.jpeg wife^^^ AD80D702-E1E7-4161-AE38-D10F8BB0E89F.jpeg wife^^^
    When we arrived at metro logics/ metro foods on September 11,2018, we were asked for our identification and then they told my wife to step out of the truck, after she was led to where she was told to stand, they asked me to step out of the truck and open the hood and all the doors. I’ve done this before, even though it is not a military installation or a nuclear base, It’s Nothing really out of the ordinary, I’ve done this before without issues.

As the guard and I was walking to the back of my truck to open the trailer door, he demanded I remove my four fingers from my pants pocket, startled by the demand, I obliged. After opening the trailer door and hood, I followed him back to where my wife was standing and unknowingly, because of habit/comfort put my 4 fingers back in my pocket. Again, The guard demanded that I remove my hand from my pocket. This time A little upset of the demand, I told him it is a comfort thing and he is just going to have to deal with it. He told me that it is company policy to keep my hands at my side and if I cannot follow the rules I needed to leave. (Who makes up a policy/rule like that!?!) I said fine, I’ll leave. I proceeded to my truck and the guard stepped in front of me, I told him to move so I could leave. He then told me I wasn’t allowed to leave. I attempted to go around him and was pushed by him into my truck. My wife saw what was happening an attempted to help me. More security guards came and attack and assaulted both us.

I didn’t have product on my truck, I didn’t steal anything. Breaking a rule is not against the law, all they can do is refuse to let us in and let us leave.

When the police showed up, the officers didn’t want to hear anything I had to say. They took me to their police department where I waited for approximately 9 hours before being released. The charges are Simple assault and interfering with a business. They were the aggressor and yet I’m being charged. I never through a punch and only removed my hand from my pocket when the guard lunged at me and pushed me into the wheel of my truck.
    I had a black eye, a lump behind my right ear and several scrapes and other bruises. My wife had very large bruises on both her upper arms as well as several scrapes and bruises on other parts of her body and emotional distress from what happened to us.

The company I’m contracted to had suspended us for 17 days pending a decision to terminate my contract and they may still terminate our contract if I’m found guilty, because all the information they have was coming from the guards version of events. Which they are making me to be the aggressor.

Again, all we were trying to do was leave when we were detained without cause and physically assaulted by the security guards. They are not police, they have to witness a crime to detain.

With that said, My belief is the guards were on a power trip and didn’t expect me to say I would leave. I’m pretty sure we can leave a shipper or receiver at any point, even after we are loaded, we just have to wait until it is unloaded before leaving. There is video of what happened, but it has not been released to me yet. This has cost me upwards of $60,000 so far in attorney fees, hospital bills, truck tow bill and lost income. This place needs to be put on notice!
    I’ve reached the limit of the pictures I can post, so if anybody wants to see the police report, just ask.

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Tow truck, hospital and lawyer should not total $60,000 in 1 month.

This is strange.

CrappieJunkie Thanks this.
  4. Clinton1978

Feb 14, 2015
    Are you a company driver? I’m an owner operator. Lost income is alone over $45,000

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Find a "slip & fall" lawyer and stick to that outfit.

6. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Man, I don't know........sounds to me like there's a WHOLE lot more to this story......jus' sayin

7. Oldironfan

May 22, 2017
  8. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Where's the security video? If they're that secure, then there MUST be video evidence.

Swiss Mountain Dog Thanks this.
  9. Oldironfan

May 22, 2017
    $11,000 per week income?
    Why are you not working?

10. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Oh, boy.

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  11. Clinton1978

Feb 14, 2015
    Average 2.25 per mile, average 1200 miles per day, 17 days. Please Do the math.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.