Your thoughts on Peterbilt 387 (13 or 18 Speed)?

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by vijay, Jul 21, 2011.

1. ProduceHauler

ProduceHauler Light Load Member

Apr 28, 2011
    California
    You are being sarcastic. Thats is rude BlackDog :biggrin_2557:
    I'm not doing anything beyond ordinary. Problem is, that so many other people severely under-perform (people suck that is)

Here is why, watch it closely, thats it.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQf_QfitmKE&feature=channel_video_title[/ame]

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN

I'm refering to the brand new new right
    from the factory 387's I drove that were rattle traps. The doors ARE poorly engineered pieces of fiberglaas craps that don't hold up..

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  4. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    coal... you might edit that before someone tattles...

5. CarlLegend

CarlLegend Light Load Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Go for it, buy your rig Vijay.

And if you go with 18 then please, I beg you, do not shift all 18 all the time.
    If you do fine but you just wasting your time and fuel.
    There is a reason people use progresive shifting.

Sounds like you gona haul real light loads so in that case I wouldn't let the gear box influence your choice much.
    In other words if you find a truck you like but it has a 10, 13 or 18 they will all do just fine.

My personal choice is KW, W900.

Good luck, all the best.

6. ProduceHauler

Apr 28, 2011
    California
    There you go. Another failed product of social engineering. Progessive shifting of you brain cells, thats what you mean, right?

With every new post we are getting clearer picture of modern "driver" ways: skipping the gears, because thats way to save time :)biggrin_2559:) and money :)biggrin_2559:) when crying outloud about doors and cabinets (that are not even there because he is in el-cheapo fleet model)

Guys, thats why you are a such a failure - you just have no clue about the job you do :biggrin_25513:

7. lostNfound

lostNfound Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Home of the Stampede
  8. CarlLegend

CarlLegend Light Load Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Lol ok.

Sorry.

Vijay you better take this guys number, there is a lot he can teach you.

I'm out cheers.

9. ProduceHauler

Apr 28, 2011
    California
    Decaf? Yet another nonsense. Either coffee or water. Whats the point of decaf? Those #### substitute-pleasure seekers :biggrin_25511:

10. lostNfound

lostNfound Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Home of the Stampede
    Skip shifting in either direction is just fine if appropriate for the circumstances... then again, what would these guys know, they only manufacture the transmissions.

(skip shifting is discussed a couple of times in the first two minutes of part 2)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrtfTovNohI&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKGenPPRk1U&feature=related[/ame]

More information is available onn Eaton's website. Here is the link to the page for 13-speed transmissions. The right-hand column has a number of driver-training videos and documents.
    http://www.roadranger.com/Roadranger/productssolutions/transmissions/low-inertiasuper13/index.htm

11. ProduceHauler

Apr 28, 2011
    California
    There we go again. Now we have another trucking syndrome illustrated: Mentor-Student situation. It can't get any worse than this - mentor who has no clue (after 2 weeks of driving) trying to impress total rookies.

LostNfound - do you realize, that your dumb students now are going to double-clutch and use 2100rpm as in your tutorial just because you have no freaking idea about trucks but love pretending that you do? That is typical communist behaviour

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.