Your Unfulfilled Goals In Trucking

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by TruckDuo, Nov 30, 2014.

1. FatDaddy

FatDaddy Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Katy, TX or Swedesboro, NJ
    I want to do a run to Alaska. However I don't feel I yet have the necessary skills to make the run should I run into trouble. I've followed a couple posters here on adventures to Alaska and the problems they run into and how they handle it.

One day.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I wouldn't mind reading about that myself. Links?:)

texasbbqbest and TruckDuo Thank this.
  4. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Mine would be to haul super size loads like those towers.

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  5. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Hi patty, I suppose hauling specialized stuff would probably be pretty interesting ( suppose, probably, pretty interesting, not a lot of commitment there, hey?) There was a woman here that does that , Little Miss Cabover, I think. Haven't heard from her in a while.

TruckDuo and pattyj Thank this.
  6. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    I guess mine would be just to keep doing it like we are doing it.

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  7. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Oh really?I have never seen a lady do it but I wouldn't mind just so I can say I did it.I also thought about driving a pilot car too.Seen one not too long ago with an Iowa web site but forgot it.Wish I would have wrote it down.[QUOTE="semi" retired;4347768]Hi patty, I suppose hauling specialized stuff would probably be pretty interesting ( suppose, probably, pretty interesting, not a lot of commitment there, hey?) There was a woman here that does that , Little Miss Cabover, I think. Haven't heard from her in a while.[/QUOTE]

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  8. Blu_Ogre

Blu_Ogre Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2013
    Out west
    Every time I think about the permits and extra government oversight for over sized and overweight I develop a twitch and want to go hug a 53 foot box van.

I did consider the generator sections for the windmills for about 10 min. Then realized the are o/s and heavy. No tarps but out of Tehachapi, CA. Decided no.

TruckDuo and striker Thank this.
  9. marmonman

marmonman Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2009
    central illinois
    I guess when it comes to trucking I have done everything that I have wanted to do .
    There are a few things that I have not done but it is more because I have desire to do them .
    Like bed bugging (hate my own moving ) car hauling (just never looked like something I would enjoy).

Now when it comes to things I wish I could do or could have done the top of the list is Fire up the space shuttle for one more launch !
    Now that has to be one heck of a rush when you go full throttle there.

Well I guess there is one thing I do want to in trucking that I have not done yet and that is make it to 50 years driving for living .
    Now that I think about it I am closer to my 50th year than I am to my first day of trucking LOL!
    Like Homer Simpson says " keep on trucking ? like I would ever stop trucking !!!

10. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    I forgot about car hauling..

not hondas and tee-yotas on a open trailer, the high end stuff that goes in an enclosed transporter..

Ferrari
    Lamborghini
    Aston Martin
    Bentley
    Rolls Royce

or any high end sports car..

striker Thanks this.
  11. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I'm sure those guys are paid well. They have to be because they probably have to carry insurance out the wazoo.

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.