You're taking a shower, when all of a sudden...

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Scarecrow03, Feb 12, 2009.

1. lighthouse74

lighthouse74 <strong>"Beacon Of Light"</strong>

Oct 7, 2008
    Out to sea
    I would think that with new regs and all that the shower door would be made of some type fire retardant wood or stainless steel ... which if a fire were to be outside in the hallway and you have no way out ... you would have at least 30-45 minutes of burn time before the fire would go through the shower door ... in the mean time ... if this were me ... I would be freaking the flip out ... and thinking how to get dressed and out safe all in 90 seconds or less ... you never know what actions will kick in until in that situation ...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wahwah70

wahwah70 Medium Load Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Bloomfield Hills, Mi.
    I hear 'ya... I'm not the shyest person in the world and the rest of the people would get "a free shot"(Ray Stevens rocks!) and for at least a day they would be singing Tom Petty's Free Fallin' slightly changed of course... Use your imagination,people!

4. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Speaking of showers. The worse one I encountered was when I was in Desert Storm 90. They had these temporary showers set up on pallets. Had a tank above you that had water in it with a valve. The trick was too turn it on; get wet and turn it off and soap up. You never knew if there was enough water in it to rinse off. Plus the water had a diesel smell to it most of the time. Imagine lathering up. Going to rinse off and no diesel water to rinse with. You step out of the shower to take a towel to wipe the soap off. Along comes a gust of wind and you know have sand stuck on top of the soap and the towel now has a sandpaper effect.....:biggrin_2554:
    Talk about deploying powder to sensitive areas....:biggrin_2554::biggrin_2554: I will have to post some pics of our showers.

5. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

We'd rather have the pics of the showers than of your sensitive areas.:biggrin_2551:

6. Lil Blue Pony

Lil Blue Pony Brown Eyed Girl

Feb 22, 2008
    That would be a no fun shower...hair smelling like diesel snad in all the wrong places but look how much you save on exfoliation procedures! :biggrin_2554:
    ouch!:biggrin_2552:

7. spidermonkey

spidermonkey Bobtail Member

Sep 11, 2008
    morrilton ar
    showers cost to much not to finish

8. Earl

Earl Light Load Member

Feb 13, 2009
    I'd grab my hose and offer to help the FD....Mr. Helpful....that's me!

9. 18wheelz

18wheelz Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Haha. But yeah, I'd rather run around in a towel than not be able to run at all.

10. IROCUBabe

IROCUBabe Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    I'd make alot of truck drivers very horny... and happy... I think

11. Wiseguywireless

Wiseguywireless Road Train Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Petoskey, MI
    I may have saw you at a truck stop in South Michigan a month or so ago, Not many Truck drivers that good looking. I know I did a double take. Parked facing the Fuel Island

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.