You're taking a shower, when all of a sudden...

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Scarecrow03, Feb 12, 2009.

1. IROCUBabe

IROCUBabe Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Could be we were in that area for a bit, sat over a day or so or all weekend I forget we do alot of sitting when we get in Michigan

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wiseguywireless

Wiseguywireless Road Train Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Petoskey, MI
    I am lucky, We have a number of contracts, and I have never sat more than 6 hours all winter, Miles have been good also, But I go down to Kalamazoo quite often, but where I saw the werner truck, was somewhere else down there.

4. IROCUBabe

IROCUBabe Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Havent been in a Werner truck for around 3 months now lol

5. dino6960

dino6960 YOUDAMAN

Jun 25, 2009
    florida
    this is to funny but then again reality sucks !!!!when the alarm gos off rinse off, dry off, in a timley manor dont screw around, and get your butt out !!!false alarm or not it could be on the otherside of the building but remember your fire training what feeds a fire ,oxogen!it will travel the roof line first as it eats up everything in its path the while your showering and the water gets real hot the #### roof collapes on you while your bent over putting your bvds on lmao, of your fruity of the looms cant type laughing to haRD but that would suck

6. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Yeah, take your time. By the way people dont burn to death they die from smoke inhalation. So while your being macho finishing up your shower the building maybe filling with smoke. You open the shower door get hit with the super heated smoke and thats it, in meer seconds your dead. But on a good note at least the coroner will have a clean body to cut up.

Fire alarm goes off, screw everything else. Grab what you can and get out without any hesitation. Any other advice is stupidity in action. There is noting worth more than getting out safely. Grab a towel, yoiur bag and clothes and get dressed outside.

7. GRAYMATTERS

GRAYMATTERS Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Colorado
    Never had the fire alarm go off..... but I've had the electricity go out..... SPOOKY.

I always carry a small mag-lite with me now.

8. 1nonly

1nonly tease-y-ness

Jul 2, 2008
    The burning sands of the SW
    Hmmmmm... I've never thought about that. Good idea.

9. SweetSouthernRide

SweetSouthernRide Medium Load Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Northeast Alabama
    That would be kind of messed up...
    Of course, you might not be the only one that ends up out in the hall naked...:biggrin_2554:

10. ParkRanger

ParkRanger Light Load Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    They have all these great little lights on key chains now. I always have one on my key.

11. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Well grab a towel, my keys, my wallet and high tail it out like white on rice. At least I have my credit cards, id cards, and keys to access my truck.

KH

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.