YouTube Be Careful, very careful

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by tscottme, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Ooops

Ooops Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2016
    what kind of attention does it draw in?[/QUOTE]
    Flies

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I'd have to beg to differ with that, ma'am.

I take it everyone is familiar with the Youtube nitwit known as "Watchmytruck"?

Last I heard this fool is doing time, and deservedly so.

The story I got was the driver of the last truck he filmed who's driving habits he disapproved of thought he was about to get hijacked, so took defensive action. Nitwit responded by opening fire on the truck in question.

Frankly, I hope he got nailed for attempted murder.

crb and tucker Thank this.
  4. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Yes, rolling through red lights, stop signs, etc is unsafe. Don't do it. Don't do it and don't video it. Did someone tell you I said don't call-in bad driving? I'm pretty sure I've called in dangerous drivers. You don't have to do something wrong to get a complaint, that's who I called a psychopath or nut-job. There are plenty of pscyhos on YT search for ancient astronauts or reptilians.

5. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth

Flies

[/QUOTE]

may I suggest to..
    broaden your horizons, expand the vision, look further down the road and behind you.

6. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Would you believe I never heard of this person.YouTube is my second most favorite site but what I mainly watch is music videos or a show maybe some advice on something.But unsafe drivers or this guy you're talking about,I would rather watch something less boring and less stupid.YouTube is full of drivers filming while they drive on stupid stuff.Then they start to swerve causing panicky drivers to think he's drunk.Of course there's some that overreact but I would say the majority are right on target when turn in a driver in and moreso in today's industry and getting worse at an alarming rate.Truck drivers and 4 wheelers need to put the camera down and focus on the road.

7. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    10 years ago this coming Saturday, I posted my first video to YT. Posting videos hasn't affected me at all. I did lose my job in '08, then we lost both our homes, my pickup got repoed, then the baby came, then I got into trucking, the wife left me, I mean, yeah, the struggle is real and it's been downhill ever since......but that's not YT's fault

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
    dca Thanks this.
  8. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    how does blaming YouTube release one of the content within the video? youtube didnt create the video and upload it. hmm

9. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

I'm not blaming YouTube. I'm blaming someone for posting video of themself doing their job without sufficiently worrying of what happens after that video gets published for EVERYONE, sane & crazy, to see and preserve forever. Every driver should strive to be perfect, but anything less than perfection can be inflated or compiled until a record of imperfection over time becomes a pattern of unprofessional behavior. As I've said some of the videos are very helpful. I'm glad they are visible to the public. I've learned tons from some videos on various subjects. Finding out AFTER you get fired that videos are more than just harmless entertainment is gonna suck. Not thinking you did anything wrong is not protection from someone who has a passion about one particular aspect of driving or a overly cautious boss or legal department. Tossing one driver out of work so a company can demonstrate they don't tolerate even the slightest hint of unprofessionalism can be an easy decision at some companies. Fewer drivers have been fired for not posting YT videos of them on the job than fired for posting video of them on the job.

dca Thanks this.
  10. cjb logistics

cjb logistics Heavy Load Member

Aug 13, 2016
    Liberal Ks
    Sorry to hear that man, but maybe you could write a song and cash in on it.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  11. crb

crb Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    USA
    Thought it was third eye.
    http://www.overdriveonline.com/oper...ker-spy-highway-shooting-corrects-the-record/

MACK E-6 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.