YRC Maybrook is starving me

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Bucky, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Bucky

Bucky Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Yeah, I do know I'm lucky to have this job, and have no real intention of leaving.

I just get nervous thinking about bills is all.

Due to 5 years in a prior low paying job, we manage to stay a half a payment ahead of foreclosure, which is not a fun place to live.

Yes, I know others have it much worse.

I'm just not used to the hog board concept I guess.

My apologies for the rants.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. NastyWardog

NastyWardog Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Youngstown, Ohio
    Bucky, hang in there. All the big LTL companies are the same with seniority union or non-union, and it will get better with time and patience. Every one of us has had to play the game in the beginning. You can and will make better money, just keep your head down and do your job. Don't get caught up in the parking lot complaint crew and things will improve. Good luck to you.

rodknocker Thanks this.
  4. ACH1130

ACH1130 Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    All LTLs are the same just different logos. I don't agree with the hog board at all. Seniority means you can choose your runs for bids and choose your vacation times.

YRC is also the easiest company to work for. These other ltls will slave you into the ground. And your about to hit your raise so you'll be making 56 CPM and 22.36(I believe) for hourly work.

I'm at 17.10 a hour and 44cPm

5. cool35

cool35 Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Everywhere
    This is my second winter at Reddaway and I'm not laid off this year but it's been a little tight. My yard is not union but we do things the union way as do most ltl companies.

6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Alright. That's now the second post I've had to delete because people can't behave. If you don't have anything constructive to add, don't add anything. Next time the thread gets closed.

7. Bucky

Bucky Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Why I get a little nervous

January 2014 - 24 days worked, average mileage 358.3 per trip

February 2014 - six days worked, average mileage per trip -- 275.5

Current wait while eligible for a load - 66 hours and still counting / no call

8. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    January you worked 24 days out of 31, 7 days off, usual 2 days per week and 4 weeks in a month should equal to 8 days off. I think you are doing pretty good.

February, this is only the 9th day and you have already worked 6. There have only been 5 business days so far in this month. You should find something else to worry about.

9. Bucky

Bucky Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2013
    If 6 days in 1/3 of a month at 275 miles per trip with a 70 hour wait for the next load is considered "pretty good" then I guess I didn't realize just how bad everyone must have it.

We run around the clock 7 days per week, so your reference to business days has no relevance to a YRC schedule. I work until I run out of hours, which has no relevance to the current discussion, what with 30 plus hours available to me.

Also

4 weeks in a month is not an accurate figure.

You seem to have the answers. Do the math. You should see that there never was 4 weeks in a month, nor will there ever be four weeks in a month.

10. Jumbo

Jumbo Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Appleton, Wisconsin
    So first you complain that they are starving you then you say you have no real intention of leaving?

11. fr8te_sh8ker

fr8te_sh8ker Medium Load Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Where to? And for what reason?

My point is, do your homework before you jump again and again.

And your next employer doesn't need to hear that you didnt get enough pay at YRC.... all websites say something that's technically true but it's up to you to figure out if it's realistic for you to earn that pay.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.