YRC pay minus 15%

Discussion in 'YRC' started by 18wheeler76, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Marky84

Marky84 Heavy Load Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Jefferson, WI
    and hows that workin for ya? sorry but in my experience, politics is like driving.

D to go forwards and R to reverse.

superflow Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jtgkjv1611

jtgkjv1611 Bobtail Member

Sep 22, 2014
    Hello Sir,

I have been perusing through a lot of the YRC threads and your name came up as someone who is knowledgeable about the company. I just graduated from school and YRC Buffalo wants to hire me. My only concerns are being an extra, not getting full time work, and the stability of the company. I've got some other good offers so I don't know what I want to do. They are not really forthcoming when I ask questions, probably because there are a lot of variables. How would work be for me for the first couple years there? Thank you. Jeff

4. Bucky

Bucky Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2013
    IMO a YRC job would be the best choice possible for a newly graduated student. My first year at YRC was a gross of $65K, health insurance with NO deductible and no co pay to the company for me and my spouse, and the choice to be home after every shift.

Most new drivers live on the road for maybe $30K or $35K a year in teams. If you figure that at either 70 or 140 hours per week, either way it's pretty slim pickin's.
    At least indentured slaves got food and housing.
    Not so for first year truckers.

Yes, YRC will be gone in a matter of a few years, but until then...
    There are absolutely no incentives to perform there. No criteria anywhere for anyone to save fuel, be on time, do things right. The laziest is compensated exactly as the highest performer.

5. Guy LeDouche

Guy LeDouche Bobtail Member

Jun 30, 2014
    Will you be doing local P&D/dock or line haul? If it's line haul and you are on the extra board you will need a FAST card. Buffalo is a distribution hub for most of the freight that goes in and out of Canada and you will likely start and/or finish your week hauling freight to and from Toronto.

Bucky makes some good points, I would add that the equipment is JUNK and the night hours can sometimes suck. I like it because I get paid for all my time including the hours created by the company's inefficiency and occasional incompetency.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.