YRC

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Marky84, Oct 13, 2022.

1. Marky84

Marky84 Heavy Load Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Jefferson, WI
    Stay away from YRC/Yellow. On Tuesday, I was at a customer location I had never been to, and my trailer swung out and knocked some stones off a retaining wall. The wall was not mortared, and the stones were not set in place permanently in any way, they were just set there with gravel between. I had heard a noise but looked and couldn't see anything, so I came back around and looked and a few stones had been knocked off with some gravel. The dock guy came out and I said hey I'm sorry, I had no trouble getting in, I didn't think I'd have trouble getting out. He said it's ok, it's not the first time it's happened and it won't be the last. He said I know you gotta get going, I'll just pick 'em up and put 'em back. Later that night I was working on the dock and my terminal manager came in and said she wanted me in her office now. I came in and she showed me the video and asked me about it. I said that the guy said don't worry about it, so I didn't. She SCREAMED at me, and I have her on tape doing this and she told me I'd be written up and my probation would be extended. The next morning I was getting gas while on my way in, and she called to tell me they would not be going forward with my probation and that I was discharged from the company. I said I needed to come to get my stuff out of my truck, I came and did that, and asked for a link to the video. The manager said she would have to ask the company about it and a day later I've heard nothing. I went back up in my car to the customer's location and the wall was back to normal besides a white scrape on it. The company is calling this an accident and saying I failed to report it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Val_Caldera

Val_Caldera Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    It WAS an Accident and you DID FAIL to Report it.

That's one Reason Every Driver Needs To C.Y.A.

Cover Your Action
    PICTURES and More Pictures and NAMES of Who Said What, When and How.
    Days of "He/She said" have been long gone.
    RECORDING People Speaking is NOT Against Any "law".
    Police and other Enforcement Personnel do such everyday.

YRC is not at fault. They, like MANY companies have specific Rules & Regulations which are usually dispersed during ORIENTATIONS.

Good Luck Going Forward.

4. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Report ALL accidents/incidents.

5. LTL Bull

LTL Bull Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2020
    YRC is a dumpster fire anyways. Probably a blessing in disguise. Anyone that hasn’t done LTL long term doesn’t understand what happened to you. I’ve had similar instances many times as well as many of my coworkers. The T/M should be called on the carpet by the Union. In the old days SHE would be on the hot plate not you for raising her voice at you. Alas, those days are gone. Working for someone like her would be toxic anyways. Head up and move on to something better. I lost a 1500$ safety bonus over a 20$ traffic cone one time because I reported it. Blindside backing into a dock and it got caught in my duals as it was blocking an inoperative dock. Ripped it in two. Guy said don’t worry about it I have another one. Regular stop for me. I reported it, they didn’t but company gave me a chargeable.

6. snowlauncher

snowlauncher Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Southeastern ID
    You must ALWAYS report every accident/incident no matter how trivial it may seem. Even if the property owners says "No big deal." Let your boss know, more often than not you will not get discipline if it's a trivial thing, but own it if you do. It's not the end of your career(unless you're accident prone)...
    I scraped a banged up dumpster with an already banged up trailer once. Nothing more than a little paint exchange. Called it in to supervisor, notified the customer, end of story. If I had not stopped and owned it, I may have gotten away with it, but I may have also been caught and fired for not reporting. Honesty is the best policy concerning this.

LtlAnonymous and MartinFromBC Thank this.
  7. snowlauncher

snowlauncher Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Southeastern ID
    A former co-worker I knew was accused of damaging a customer's business sign once while swinging in for a delivery. The driver argued with the customer that the sign was already damaged and could see no evidence that he was at fault. He finished the delivery and moved on without reporting it.
    2 weeks later his supervisor was blindsided by a call from the police claiming they had a report of his driver leaving the scene of an accident.
    The driver was fired that day. If he had just stopped and called it in for investigation, he may have gotten off the hook...
    Bad choice on his part.

LtlAnonymous, MartinFromBC and bzinger Thank this.
  8. LTL Bull

LTL Bull Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2020
    A bit more advice, if you really do have her on tape screaming at you I would be forwarding that to HR at YRC as well as the Union rep. What was your status with the union. I was not aware that there is a “probation period” if you were a full time employee and member of the union. Part timers back in the day were casuals but were still afforded many of the benefits of union protect short of hour guarantees. If she summoned you to her office for disciplinary action there should have been a union steward present

LtlAnonymous, JohnBoy, bzinger and 2 others Thank this.
  9. MartinFromBC

MartinFromBC Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2018
    So you caused an accident, didn't report it, and got fired. Then you want to blame her, instead of yourself.

If you hit a rock wall hard enough to knock it apart, i guarantee you that did some damage to the trailer as well.

Tell you what, give me the keys to your car, and let me run it into a rock wall hard enough to damage the wall, and see if you still think its a nothing burger.

Coming here, and ratting yourself out is absolutely ridiculous.

If you need a clearer look at the problem, find a mirror, and have a good long look at it.

Oh and try not to run into the mirror and break it.

mud23609 and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  10. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    Yeah, man...sorry, but the first thing we drivers look for is someone who minimizes their side of things. You had an accident. You didn't report it. The company found out. You were fired. Regardless of details like people being mean to you and hurting your feelings, that's what happened.

11. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I can sum this up in 3 words: "You," "Fouled," and "Up."

mjd4277, LtlAnonymous and MartinFromBC Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.