Zeller enterprises(hartford wi)

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by atlasshruggery, Jun 7, 2015.

1. atlasshruggery

atlasshruggery Light Load Member

Jun 4, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI
    After three years of working in ltl, and being home daily I decided I wanted to back over the road.
    I am 27, don't have children and don't own a home. Zeller gets their drivers home weekly, but has worked with me and kept home time to a minimum. Whenever I am going to need a restart I get back. Otherwise, I want to run, and stack up money
    So far, I've been here three months, and average around 2900 miles.
    The pay is amazing, the best money I've made in my life.They have a weekly minimum of 1250 as long as you are under dispatch, and don't request time off when they've got a load .I've gotten this minimum only twice, and both times were on weeks where I got home. As long as the dispatcher schedules the time, I get it, and they schedule weekends off with nearly every driver.
    Otherwise I am grossing over 1500 every week, I've even had a 2000 dollar week. They pay 43 cents, but mileage bonus of up to 8 cents pushes you over 50, and they have other bonuses including monthly safety bonus.
    As far as company atmosphere the company is smaller, around thirty trucks. Craig started the company, and still operates it. He is a very nice guy, he put in sattelite radio for all of us. Most importantly he puts in hours, he is on call 24/7, any problem I have I call after hours and ussually he answers. Which is a great help. In my experience help from the office is ussually not available in smaller companies. But here, it's even better than the giant companies I've worked for(cough R&L cough)
    I am really happy here. With my expenses cut to under 300 a week, and the pay, I feel like I can really invest a sizeable amount. After ten years here, at this rate, I should have a nice little nest egg for a home, and enough in reserve to get off the road if I choose

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
    Chinatown and born&raisedintheusa Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Yes, you can pay cash for a high end condo on the beach in Philippines and drink those little fancy drinks with the umbrella in the glass.

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Have a toast to Ayn Rand when you're laid back on that beach getting a massage!

atlasshruggery Thanks this.
  5. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Hi atlas, Zeller has been around a while, and have heard good things about them, as well. I never did much OTR, but if I did, that was one of the places I was going to go. Good luck.:thumbup:

atlasshruggery Thanks this.
  6. Jumbo

Jumbo Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Appleton, Wisconsin
    I saw one of their billboards today on the way back from Milwaukee that said "Our OTR drivers average over $72,000 per year"

7. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Hi Jumbo, well, if you believe that, I have some land in Florida you may be interested in. ( hint, bring your hip waders):biggrin_2559: Seriously, I highly doubt that is the AVERAGE. Maybe at one time, through some fluke, a driver made that, but it's probably more like any other outfits pay. They always have ads , looking for drivers.

8. Jumbo

Jumbo Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Appleton, Wisconsin
    There are all kinds of guys yapping about companies that they know nothing about, I am just adding my two cents.

atlasshruggery and 201 Thank this.
  9. atlasshruggery

Jun 4, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI
    I will earn over that easily. We get 43 cents base. On top of that there is bonus pay, from 4 to 8 cents depending on mileage. I have been averaging over 2800, so I get 6 cents extra per mile.
    On top of that, there is a 2 cent bonus for east coast, paid on all miles for the trip. Lastly a monthly safety bonus, which pays 2 cents for every mile driven during the week.
    There are plenty of trucking jobs that pay over 70k. I made 70k last year at R&L. Anyone who doesn't live in a low cost of living state, has experience, and is working for less than 70k is crazy.

10. atlasshruggery

Jun 4, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI
    Nearly every driver I have talked to is earning around 72k here. I am higher than most(pro rated around 80k so far) but I also don't take weekends off
    I have pay stubs in the truck to back that up as well. My guess is the guys who think 72k is crazy money, haven't looked around. Companies are hard up for drivers. Nearly every ltl company is paying a minimum of 50 cents per mile for linehaul, and 22 an hour for local. OTR companies have to compete for the limited pool of drivers

11. dogtrucker

dogtrucker Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2012
    my truck
    I know this is a bit old, but i just saw a billboard advertising Almost $73K average and I just sent them an email asking for more info.
    If they have a recruitment bonus and you want to be my go-to guy for info on this company, then send me a pm and let's talk.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.