Zimmerman, Calex? Looking to get back in the seat with long runs

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Jersey Mike, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Jersey Mike

Jersey Mike Bobtail Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Hackettstown, NJ
    Hi all, I'm a 9 year safe driver, and I'm looking for a company that might have the nice long runs that i miss. Zimmerman claims to run coast to coast, but I'm assuming that the western states are reserved for their teams. I've read about a few drivers having very good luck with Calex. Both companies are in Pa, I'm in NW Jersey. Near I-80. Also, I've been out of the seat for about 8 months. I'm employed. I have been working for the state as an inspector. I tried to leave the trucking industry, but this just isn't for me. I miss driving. Long driving, where i can stretch my legs. Have i been gone too long to be considered?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jersey Mike

Jun 19, 2012
    Hackettstown, NJ
    Bump. Nobody's got nothin? I'll take that as a good thing. Lol

4. dgman

dgman Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    Well I live only a few minutes from Zimmerman's Mifflintown terminal. I know a few guys from there and they are quite happy. The teams run coast to coast. Other routes I believe vary in time out and nights on the road. I'd give them a shout. Don't know much about Calex. Good luck in the search.

5. Jersey Mike

Jun 19, 2012
    Hackettstown, NJ
    Well thanks man for the response. I think I'm going to give them a call first. I may want to pull the trigger on this thing before it's too late.

6. stuey

stuey Light Load Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Jefferson GA
    I've talked with Calex too and I'm considering them. They don't do any public recruiting, it's all by word as I understand it. There is another tread of posts by a driver who moved over to Calex and he's posting almost every day. Interesting and he gives it like it is. And if you end up going to Calex, let us know...

7. Flip Flops

Flip Flops Medium Load Member

Jun 1, 2012
    The Left Lane..
    Never worked for either but have heard over the years Zimmerman is a good outfit, keep in mind thats just hearsay..They don't hire from my area so my call to them a while back was brief..

Calex runs an add in my local Craigslist for regional and long haul, they seem to be hiring if they are running the add as regular as they do not sure what to make of that..

I did talk to Mort I think it was ?? Anyway he seemed like a straight shooter the package seemed pretty good....Slow Volvo's and elogs are NOT part of my program so I never pursued it any further than that one phone call..

I see their drivers running up and down 95 a lot the ones I've chatted with on the radio were all happy..

YMMV of course !!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.