Trucking Jobs New Driver Jobs Flatbed Jobs Tanker Jobs Refrigerated Jobs Auto Hauler Jobs
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 84

Thread: e-logs??

  1. #21
    Light Load Member
    Member Since
    Sep 2012
    Trucker?
    18 Years
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked: 24 Times
    I run Landstar EOBR and like using it. I was one of the first to get one. I was using Driver Daily Logs on laptop and liked using that, but you have to print and still hand sign them every day to be legal. So when the EOBR was out I wanted to try one.


  2. #22
    Banned or Retired
    Member Since
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NY NY
    Trucker?
    28 Years
    Posts
    2,415
    Thanks
    2,009
    Thanked: 2,263 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandt View Post
    I run Landstar EOBR and like using it. I was one of the first to get one. I was using Driver Daily Logs on laptop and liked using that, but you have to print and still hand sign them every day to be legal. So when the EOBR was out I wanted to try one.
    .Seems very stressful.If you burn your 3 hours up loading and have to run a 600 mile load,you would have to put the hammer down.No time to pee and seems a bit ''unsafe''..Unless you take 2 days to get there.Then you would be losing another day and turning a 1 day trip into a 2 days trip..This means loss revenue..In my mind EOBR's do not add up.It benifits everyone but the BCO's.IMO

  3. #23
    Light Load Member
    Member Since
    Sep 2012
    Trucker?
    18 Years
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked: 24 Times
    You can't do that on paper logs to unless you change them. If the shipper can't load you ontime then they need to give you more time to deliver the load. It's not unsafe to tell them you need more time to deliver load because the shipper took their sweet time loading you.

    See with paper log your answer is to not stop to pee or eat or drive unsafe. My EOBR i tell them the shipper took to long to load truck, so I need more time to deliver the load. I also learn if the load did not pay enough for the time i was on it. So next time i dont do those kinda of loads or the shipper will learn to load truck faster.


    Quote Originally Posted by landstar8891 View Post
    .Seems very stressful.If you burn your 3 hours up loading and have to run a 600 mile load,you would have to put the hammer down.No time to pee and seems a bit ''unsafe''..Unless you take 2 days to get there.Then you would be losing another day and turning a 1 day trip into a 2 days trip..This means loss revenue..In my mind EOBR's do not add up.It benifits everyone but the BCO's.IMO

  4. #24
    Banned or Retired
    Member Since
    May 2012
    Location
    adah, pa
    Trucker?
    15 Years
    Posts
    883
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked: 466 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by MorphEQ View Post
    There is no "technical" about it. Because of those drivers who run like this is why there are e-logs. If you cant plan your day around e-log and make money then either you are not what you thought or your dispatcher isnt dispatching you correctly, oh wait, YOU are the dispatcher! If you run your logs legal then there is no reason NOT to get e-log.. Stop skirting the fact those that dislike e-logs have problems running their loads to a well planned method.

    Not to get on poster but there is no "technical" to anything, it is either right or wrong..
    E logs dont make safe drivers. Matter of FACT they make dangerous drivers, and thats from a study by the FMCSA. Elogs force a driver to run his ### off and get his or her 10 hours. God forbid a driver is not feeling 100 percent that day or had bad food the night before and has the runs...sure there is right and worng...but the right way was taken away from us a few years back when the FMCSA took away the 5 and 5 rule. Your right, i color my book to do what i need to do. As for the money side of things. I make plenty of it. However the average driver makes a few hundred less today than they did 5 years ago. The FACTS are ELOG just chews up to much time for solo drivers. Yea you can stil make money at some places doing specail freight but when that dies down as it always does than they have to go to general freight again and have the same issues. I plan my days but you show me one planned day in a truck that works like it should. If you say it works than my friend you are talking out your fourth point of contact and must be a newbie who knows nothing of trucking. You cant plan a trip out perfect and elog makes you. If you leave from pittsburgh heading to woodburn Ky and you plan it out you have many issues that can pop up. first is the trip is fuel of cities that on elog you are pushed through and WILL catch rush hour traffic in one of them. than on top of that with all that traffic you cant predict when or where a wreck will happen. a single car wreck can set you behind a few HOURS. lose a few hours and you could easly be LATE on that load.

    I am sorry but i would rather see a driver fake a paper log and take the breaks he or she needs and still be able to make their loads and make money, than a driver on an elog that runs his ### off tring to make it sick or not tired and get someone killed. Safety is my number one and ELOGS DONT MAKE SAFE DRIVERS THEY MAKE FORCED DRIVERS DO STUPID ####....

    OH Stop acting like a lazy wheel holder who cant figure out a paper log, can only do what your POS dispatcher tells you to do and have yet to relize that trucking was great before stupid lazy drivers ###### IT UP along with the goverment who knows nothing of trucking and transportation
    Last edited by d o g; 03.02.2013 at 04.39 PM. Reason:: Skirting filter

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to carrkool For This Useful Post:


  6. #25
    Light Load Member
    Member Since
    Sep 2012
    Trucker?
    18 Years
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked: 24 Times
    this summer the new HOS start only 1 34 restart in a week or every 168 hours plus you need 2 like 1-5 am off duty time in that 34 restart. You also cant drive more then 8 hours without taking like a 30 minute break. So some loads may have to be changed the way they are run.Just like some loads may need to be changed to run legal with EOBR.
    Last edited by Brandt; 03.02.2013 at 04.02 PM.

  7. #26
    Banned or Retired
    Member Since
    May 2012
    Location
    adah, pa
    Trucker?
    15 Years
    Posts
    883
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked: 466 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by MorphEQ View Post
    Since I have come here to LS, from Stevens where we have e-logs, I was determined to have one in my truck here also. I have yet to run over 2k mi in any single week. BUt those miles are QUALITY miles versus the old QUANTITY miles I used to run. I am liking it much more here with less wear and tear add the stress level is way lower.

    Oh this Explains ALOT......Stevens really thats like swift with alittle prettier trucks......now we all understand why you say what you say....

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to carrkool For This Useful Post:


  9. #27
    Light Load Member
    Member Since
    Sep 2012
    Trucker?
    18 Years
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked: 24 Times
    You just dont take those loads. If you need more time for what ever the reason is you tell them. You tell them their was an accident and tell them the road is closed. If you book loads so tight you cant handle a city traffic jam . Guess what that tells you. It says you need more time on the load.


    Quote Originally Posted by carrkool View Post
    E logs dont make safe drivers. Matter of FACT they make dangerous drivers, and thats from a study by the FMCSA. Elogs force a driver to run his ### off and get his or her 10 hours. God forbid a driver is not feeling 100 percent that day or had bad food the night before and has the runs...sure there is right and worng...but the right way was taken away from us a few years back when the FMCSA took away the 5 and 5 rule. Your right, i color my book to do what i need to do. As for the money side of things. I make plenty of it. However the average driver makes a few hundred less today than they did 5 years ago. The FACTS are ELOG just chews up to much time for solo drivers. Yea you can stil make money at some places doing specail freight but when that dies down as it always does than they have to go to general freight again and have the same issues. I plan my days but you show me one planned day in a truck that works like it should. If you say it works than my friend you are talking out your fourth point of contact and must be a newbie who knows nothing of trucking. You cant plan a trip out perfect and elog makes you. If you leave from pittsburgh heading to woodburn Ky and you plan it out you have many issues that can pop up. first is the trip is fuel of cities that on elog you are pushed through and WILL catch rush hour traffic in one of them. than on top of that with all that traffic you cant predict when or where a wreck will happen. a single car wreck can set you behind a few HOURS. lose a few hours and you could easly be LATE on that load.

    I am sorry but i would rather see a driver fake a paper log and take the breaks he or she needs and still be able to make their loads and make money, than a driver on an elog that runs his ### off tring to make it sick or not tired and get someone killed. Safety is my number one and ELOGS DONT MAKE SAFE DRIVERS THEY MAKE FORCED DRIVERS DO STUPID ####....

    OH Stop acting like a lazy wheel holder who cant figure out a paper log, can only do what your POS dispatcher tells you to do and have yet to relize that trucking was great before stupid lazy drivers ###### IT UP along with the goverment who knows nothing of trucking and transportation
    Last edited by d o g; 03.02.2013 at 04.40 PM. Reason:: Edited quote

  10. #28
    Banned or Retired
    Member Since
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NY NY
    Trucker?
    28 Years
    Posts
    2,415
    Thanks
    2,009
    Thanked: 2,263 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by carrkool View Post
    E logs dont make safe drivers. Matter of FACT they make dangerous drivers, and thats from a study by the FMCSA. Elogs force a driver to run his ### off and get his or her 10 hours. God forbid a driver is not feeling 100 percent that day or had bad food the night before and has the runs...sure there is right and worng...but the right way was taken away from us a few years back when the FMCSA took away the 5 and 5 rule. Your right, i color my book to do what i need to do. As for the money side of things. I make plenty of it. However the average driver makes a few hundred less today than they did 5 years ago. The FACTS are ELOG just chews up to much time for solo drivers. Yea you can stil make money at some places doing specail freight but when that dies down as it always does than they have to go to general freight again and have the same issues. I plan my days but you show me one planned day in a truck that works like it should. If you say it works than my friend you are talking out your fourth point of contact and must be a newbie who knows nothing of trucking. You cant plan a trip out perfect and elog makes you. If you leave from pittsburgh heading to woodburn Ky and you plan it out you have many issues that can pop up. first is the trip is fuel of cities that on elog you are pushed through and WILL catch rush hour traffic in one of them. than on top of that with all that traffic you cant predict when or where a wreck will happen. a single car wreck can set you behind a few HOURS. lose a few hours and you could easly be LATE on that load.

    I am sorry but i would rather see a driver fake a paper log and take the breaks he or she needs and still be able to make their loads and make money, than a driver on an elog that runs his ### off tring to make it sick or not tired and get someone killed. Safety is my number one and ELOGS DONT MAKE SAFE DRIVERS THEY MAKE FORCED DRIVERS DO STUPID ####....

    OH Stop acting like a lazy wheel holder who cant figure out a paper log, can only do what your POS dispatcher tells you to do and have yet to relize that trucking was great before stupid lazy drivers ###### IT UP along with the goverment who knows nothing of trucking and transportation
    Great Post.!!!!!....I love you,are you single...ROLMAO...You hit the nail on the head....thanks..
    Last edited by d o g; 03.02.2013 at 04.41 PM. Reason:: Edited quote

  11. #29
    Banned or Retired
    Member Since
    May 2012
    Location
    adah, pa
    Trucker?
    15 Years
    Posts
    883
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked: 466 Times
    so your going to take 2 days on a 600 mile load....get real....you can run 600 miles easy in a day but if you catch a back up your could easly burn up to much time and come up short making it so now you have to take 10 hours get up drive the last 50 miles unload and try and get another load....lmao but if that is how you run than good for you. I have a perfect record for on time loads, unloads. Never had a wreck in over a million miles a few speeding tickets DOT inspections all good. Ill keep my record and my paper log. I get the work done and am stil well rested and not falling asleep behind the wheel......No matter what anyone says here the facts still hold their own ELOGS MAKE DRIVERS DRIVER REGARDLESS OF HOW THEY FEEL. If they where up all night sick for some reason or just plain having a bad day and sleepy as hell, that Elog makes you run. I dont feel well or i hit traffic and get stuck for 3 hours i can stop wait it out take a nap and get to where i need to be SAFELY....

  12. #30
    Banned or Retired
    Member Since
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NY NY
    Trucker?
    28 Years
    Posts
    2,415
    Thanks
    2,009
    Thanked: 2,263 Times
    I love the guys that are on there 10 hour off duty time.They just came off an 11 hour drive and then they can't sleep.The ''e-log'' tells them to go sleep,but there body is wide awake.They hang out in the truck stop or they play x box for 10 hours.

    So 10 hours later they are back on the highway driving another 11..Let's see here..10+11+10= 31 Hours AWAKE/no sleep...That is SAFE...HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •