Trucking Jobs New Driver Jobs Flatbed Jobs Tanker Jobs Refrigerated Jobs Auto Hauler Jobs
Page 4 of 303 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 3022
  1. #31
    Trucker Forum STAFF Brickman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2006
    Location
    WY
    Trucker?
    EX-7 Years
    Age
    40
    Posts
    12,900
    Thanks
    10,070
    Thanked: 12,129 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    I live in south dakota does landstar have ample freight in mn,sd,nd?





    The short answer is no. BUT....... MN is better than SD and ND. And occasionally they have freight out of SD or ND but usually nothing consistent. You might have to dead head out a ways just like I did when I was with them here in WY. That was probably the biggest thing in me leaving them. With out reliable out bound freight I would stay out of home longer than I would have, had I had outbound freight. There would be times that when I would come home I was going to tough it out and not haul cheap and not dead head a long way. By the time Thursday afternoon rolled around you would do what ever it took to get on the road Friday.

  2. #32
    Light Load Member sandman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    here or there
    Trucker?
    7 Years
    Age
    36
    Posts
    97
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    that is one of things that discouraqes me about ls

  3. #33
    Trucker Forum STAFF Brickman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2006
    Location
    WY
    Trucker?
    EX-7 Years
    Age
    40
    Posts
    12,900
    Thanks
    10,070
    Thanked: 12,129 Times
    I certainly understand.

  4. #34
    Light Load Member sandman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    here or there
    Trucker?
    7 Years
    Age
    36
    Posts
    97
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    the other thing is there isn't a whole lot of good flatbed companys in sd.

  5. #35
    Bobtail Member
    Member Since
    May 2007
    Location
    Everywhere, USA
    Trucker?
    6 Years
    Age
    47
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked: 13 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brickman View Post
    The short answer is no. BUT....... MN is better than SD and ND. And occasionally they have freight out of SD or ND but usually nothing consistent. You might have to dead head out a ways just like I did when I was with them here in WY. That was probably the biggest thing in me leaving them. With out reliable out bound freight I would stay out of home longer than I would have, had I had outbound freight. There would be times that when I would come home I was going to tough it out and not haul cheap and not dead head a long way. By the time Thursday afternoon rolled around you would do what ever it took to get on the road Friday.
    True...but it's the same thing with me. I live in the Denver area, and the freight sucks here. Like I said before...I never go TO Denver, I always go THROUGH Denver. I run coast-to-coast every week and rarely pull anything under $2/mile gross. I almost always get either a same day or a next day turn around, always do my reset at the house, and never pull freight into or out of Denver. Sometimes it's tempting when you see that 2.50 to $3/mile freight inbound to Denver, but I always resist the temptation because I know what I'm going to get out of there...crap.

    It's the same with Montana and the Dakotas...get a load that goes THROUGH the house, not TO the house. Take one or two days a week off at the house and sit on your load. That way you are always rolling with good freight and you don't have to deadhead a crapload of miles and pull cheap freight.

    It's the best of both worlds.

    My 2 cent's anyway. It works for me.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SixBrix For This Useful Post:


  7. #36
    Light Load Member sandman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    here or there
    Trucker?
    7 Years
    Age
    36
    Posts
    97
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    USA

    do the agents have a problem with settin on a load like that? I try to do that at the company where I'm at.

  8. #37
    Light Load Member Chiricahua's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2007
    Location
    Great State of California
    Trucker?
    6 Years
    Age
    51
    Posts
    240
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked: 82 Times
    Sandman, You might want to expand on your states.

    Minn had 100 loads.
    ND had 31.
    SD had 25.

    I looked for Stepdeck and Flat because that's what I pull.

    Texas has more loads than those three states and I travel out and then come home when I want.

    You can make better money by going to where the frieght is and then go home. Therefore working less for more money and being home more.

    Just my opinion.
    Last edited by Chiricahua; 11.05.2007 at 09.47 PM. Reason:: Left out the Qoute.

  9. #38
    Trucker Forum STAFF Brickman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2006
    Location
    WY
    Trucker?
    EX-7 Years
    Age
    40
    Posts
    12,900
    Thanks
    10,070
    Thanked: 12,129 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by SixBrix View Post
    True...but it's the same thing with me. I live in the Denver area, and the freight sucks here. Like I said before...I never go TO Denver, I always go THROUGH Denver. I run coast-to-coast every week and rarely pull anything under $2/mile gross. I almost always get either a same day or a next day turn around, always do my reset at the house, and never pull freight into or out of Denver. Sometimes it's tempting when you see that 2.50 to $3/mile freight inbound to Denver, but I always resist the temptation because I know what I'm going to get out of there...crap.

    It's the same with Montana and the Dakotas...get a load that goes THROUGH the house, not TO the house. Take one or two days a week off at the house and sit on your load. That way you are always rolling with good freight and you don't have to deadhead a crapload of miles and pull cheap freight.

    It's the best of both worlds.

    My 2 cent's anyway. It works for me.

    I did as much of that as I could, but some times I wanted to be home more than just one or two days. Then you do have to deliver in and take the beating headed out. I'm convinced that the reason LS has so little front range freight is because the agents are L A Z Y and don't want to mess with finding it. I had a neighbor with a couple trucks show me some of his freight bills where he was getting far higher than "average" but it took a lot of hard work on his part to find the loads/shippers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiricahua View Post

    You can make better money by going to where the frieght is and then go home. Therefore working less for more money and being home more.


    I ran across one LS BCO that lived in WA state. His mom lived in more of the center of the country. When he went home he parked his rig at his mom's and flew home because WA state freight sux so badly.

  10. #39
    Light Load Member sandman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    here or there
    Trucker?
    7 Years
    Age
    36
    Posts
    97
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    USA

    well i don't run much wa because the rates suck up there. I am stopping in rockford il on thurs morning to fill out the papers to become one of ls bco's. the way things are going where i'm at i wont be around much longer. So the way i feel i might just as well atemp it.

  11. #40
    Trucker Forum STAFF Brickman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2006
    Location
    WY
    Trucker?
    EX-7 Years
    Age
    40
    Posts
    12,900
    Thanks
    10,070
    Thanked: 12,129 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    well i don't run much wa because the rates suck up there. I am stopping in rockford il on thurs morning to fill out the papers to become one of ls bco's. the way things are going where i'm at i wont be around much longer. So the way i feel i might just as well atemp it.


    Good luck. I miss LS. If car hauling should fall thru I'll be signing back up in a heart beat.

    If you are close enough to MN you'll be able to find freight out of there. The nice thing with LS load board cell phone notification program once you learn (its easy) how to set your load searches fairly narrow to give you more loads you want to hear about, then when you go home you can do errands or what ever and not be tied to the computer looking for a load all day.

Page 4 of 303 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •