01/21/10 Update on good and bad at Marten

Discussion in 'Marten' started by Kabar, Jan 21, 2010.

1. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Kabar is still around, I heard him talking to dave nemo on cirrus a couple mornings ago.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Did i miss the party? Did marten put on a big shin dig in laredo for the fourth?

4. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    From what it sounds like there wasn't to much partying with only 468 driven in a wk hell i would run that a week local. Sorry Ski i know u're not a happy camper at all right now but at least u're experiences can warn driver's like myself who thought marten was the greatest can know just how much things have changed in the last few years :biggrin_25513:

5. skibum_63

skibum_63 Road Train Member

Oct 12, 2007
    somewhere, USA
    Oh we did do up a huge bbq the 3rd and 4th,,,NO MARTEN DID NOT BUY ONE ITEM FOR US!
    , other good options around for food, via the company van. No bobtailing out of here as per company policy, unless your preplanned.

6. skibum_63

Oct 12, 2007
    somewhere, USA
    And you need to watch out for the Marten Recruiting Cheerleaders, who will tell you Marten is the best.
    Yet they haven't seen it fall apart in the last couple years like i have.
    Yes i ONCE used to think they were the best. Now,,, __________ fill in the blank.

7. wasteman

wasteman Bobtail Member

Apr 3, 2010
    prescott az
    I was wondering, if I go to a trucking school, does that account for any experience? or do I need to start somewhere and move to Marten?

8. skibum_63

Oct 12, 2007
    somewhere, USA
    Marten does not hire out of truck driving/ cdl schools, need 6 months to one year otr.

9. Saienga

Saienga Medium Load Member

Jul 28, 2009
    To add to what skibum said: nobody will consider your CDL school as OTR experience. That's a pretty hard and fast rule of the industry. You'll need to look at places that take "student drivers" "inexperienced drivers" or "recent graduates".

10. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    im in nashville and just got dispatched on a load from gen mills in murfreesboro, and del to gen mills in carson,ca.with a drop and hook on both ends. Oh boy, this is gonna be a great run! But wait..... They just asked me to swap it in oklahoma, and take a load to carney,tx (walmart) From oaklahoma its 500 miles to carney with two and a halif days to do it. (live unload). Well, there goes next weeks paycheck!:biggrin_25513:

11. skibum_63

Oct 12, 2007
    somewhere, USA

Thats where i say no way in hell. Repowers are not forced onto a driver. Strictly Volulntary!!
    I refuse to give up a good run like that( i did 4 back to backs GM loads to and from the same locations 2 years ago)

U tell them , look at the miles i have not ran, and now you want me to give up a good run and lose out on those miles. Sorry find somebody else.
    Do not let them give you the guilt trip, or the well your not a t team player trip, and yes Marten does do that. They have plenty of region drivers that could of done that repower.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.