09 prostar a/c replaced everything still not working

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by radicastuff, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Prostar09

Prostar09 Bobtail Member

Oct 21, 2017

2. Prostar09

Prostar09 Bobtail Member

Oct 21, 2017
    I have a 2009 international pro star with Cummins isx
    Every thing has been replace on the ac system except for the ac condenser and evaporator.
    The ac compressor won’t not get no power to it.
    Need help Please.

3. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Start at the beginning of this thread and read everything. If you have any further questions, I'd be happy to help. For now, I am not repeating myself for everyone new member with a problem.

QUALITYTRUCK Thanks this.
  4. DrFlush

DrFlush Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Upstate NY
    How high is the pressure sensor set at, I have an intermittent problem with having to cycle the key to reset the computer, I am seeing high side running up to around 350 before the fan kicks in

5. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    System should kick the fan on at about 350 psi, and triggers fault and kills the ac at 480 I believe.

DrFlush Thanks this.
  6. DrFlush

DrFlush Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Upstate NY
  7. clw7167&yahoo.com

clw7167&yahoo.com Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2018
    Hey I have a 11 prostar I have had my whole system changed 4 Times in little over a year compresser keeps going out any ideas

8. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    A/C on a prostar is all computer controlled. Sounds like who ever is working on it is just throwing parts at it. To properly fix ac on a Prostar you have to know International electrical, electronics and A/C systems. You need access to Diamond Logic builder software in order to see what the body controller is seeing and doing. I highly recommend starting with someone who has all these ingredients. If not, you'll be on round 5 in no time.

9. johnnydngrs

johnnydngrs Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2015
    does anyone know if i can use inline5 with DLB sofware? thanks

10. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    I don't believe so, I believe a unit like a Nexiq will be needed, but you can try with the Inline, can't hurt anything.

If you are having AC issues on a ProStar, find the Ambient Air Temp sensor and get it up into the fresh air. I went four years without AC in my 2008 ProStar, spent thousands at dealers and other shops, never had AC for more than an hour or two until I dug out that sensor and clipped to my windshield wiper cowl. Now I have AC.

That Ambient Air Temp sensor is more than likely located in the harness that runs under your radiator wrapped in twenty yards of electrical tape. I found my sensor directly under the radiator at the transmission cooler on the driver side of the truck.

I had to dig mine out with a very sharp utility knife. I pulled mine out with the wiring as far as I could, then spliced in a few more feet to get it up near the driver side door and clipped it to the windshield wiper cowl. I have had AC for a year at this point, with no issues, other than with the blower motor, but that is common and not related to the actual AC. Piss poor engineering.

sdaniel Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.