2007 CAT C15 A

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by HeavyEverything, Dec 13, 2019.

1. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    They've had C15s with DEF for a few years in the off-road market.

davidtango and spsauerland Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AModelCat

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    My understanding was Cat had issues with nozzle coking on the on-road engines. I believe they used compressed air from the truck to try and keep the nozzle from coking. Non-road engines used a heated nozzle instead. Theory is that the coke won't buildup on the hot surface of the nozzle. I've been told it works better than air but we rarely, if ever, touch on-road Cats these days.

4. Ridlingdj

Ridlingdj Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Yea but these are the motors that they are testing and they watch the motors with a computer in some office across the country they just bring them here because it's rare they ever cut off and run at 16-1700 rpms under load all year

5. pushbroom

pushbroom Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    There was a conversion on them to go from the air purge to the heated nozzle instead. Probably most (if not all) have been done by now. Compressed air actually was supplied by a lil tiny electric air compressor. The change up help alot but there was still enough other issues with them.
    Our local Cat shop wont touch on road Cats anymore either. More business for us!

Wheeljack, davidtango and spsauerland Thank this.
  6. AModelCat

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Good to know. I've never seen a truck or truck engine roll thru our door yet either.

spsauerland and pushbroom Thank this.
  7. davidtango

davidtango Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2019
    That would be nice to have CAT back in the highway engine business again. All my drivers who drove trucks with CAT engine love them.

Shawn2130 Thanks this.
  8. spsauerland

spsauerland Road Train Member

May 31, 2010
    West Harrison, In
    It is a nice dream, but I can't see any truck builder offering them. Paccar is to heavily tied to Cummins.

Wheeljack Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.