A day cab or sleeper and the successful o/o mistakes

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by wheres da $$$, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Doing_flatbed_nc

Doing_flatbed_nc Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2016
    Mine doesn't look as cool as the stretched out Petes I load next to but I know for a fact that it makes me the same money. Same goes for my $5000 1998 curtainside trailer. Doesn't look so cool, but it's legal and makes me as much money as a $40,000 trailer. Best part is my truck/ trailer are both paid for.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    The 680 day cabs are LOL LOL LOL.

4. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
    I would always go for a sleeper.

As the other poster said, you can always rest in the bunk and while you're being loaded or on your 30 or anytime you just feel like you need to stretch out a little bit. I find a sleeper truck to ride better and be more comfortable.

Also a sleeper truck gives you more storage room to carry things and just more space in general.

Unless I literally was only going to be say an hour away from where I originated, I would always want to have a sleeper.

You can still get hotel rooms if you prefer, but it's just nice to have the option and. the space.

I am from Southeast Pennsylvania and I plan on being home every night or mostly every night anyway. But I I'm really glad that I have a sleeper truck.

Even when I pulled containers with my day cab, there were times that I could grab the next load and get to the shipper and sleep overnight there and I would make more money.

That was really difficult and uncomfortable in a day cab.

whoopNride, stillwurkin and RSB34 Thank this.
  5. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    wheres da $$$ Thanks this.
  6. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Used to pull dumps and pneumatics. These days primarily flats, with an occasional dry van or grain hopper.

I wouldn't own a sleeper truck. I enjoy being home at night, and if I'm NOT going to be home, I'll still be comfortable...at a Holiday Inn Express (or better). Mount that box on the back of the cab and it gives companies the impression that you're willing to go out farther...and I'm not.

7. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    You are missing out on the sights. :)
    BxIRSGj.jpg

8. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Honestly I think if I were to spec a truck and needed a sleeper I'd probably put the smallest sleeper available behind the cab. Save on weight so I could spec the truck a bit heavier duty.

wheres da $$$ Thanks this.
  9. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    Gotta have a kitchen.

10. Doing_flatbed_nc

Doing_flatbed_nc Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2016
    Most I see need a treadmill back there, not a kitchen

11. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    There's a KFC buffet at the 66 truck stop just north of Wichita. When I went by it today about 1400, lot was over flowing lmao.

Doing_flatbed_nc Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.