ABF Freight Conley (Atlanta GA)

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by jhurle9403, Dec 22, 2018.

1. jhurle9403

jhurle9403 Light Load Member

Aug 31, 2016
    Centre, AL
    May wanna think about moving to one of our big break terminals in the spring or summer. I moved for this job and haven’t regretted it a bit. The big ones are Dayton OH, Carlisle PA, Winston Salem NC, Atlanta GA (Conley) and Little Rock AR. I’m sure there’s big terminals out west too, I’m just not sure where.

Redtwin Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moon_beam

Moon_beam Heavy Load Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Road board is very slow where I am at. Five people missing from September 1 and the bottom guys are only getting 2 trips per week. I am west of the Mississippi and there are rumors that 400 + contracts did not get signed.

4. jhurle9403

Aug 31, 2016
    Centre, AL
    Thats a little scary. I sat at home for three days last week. It happens.

5. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Like I said........

6. yankatank

yankatank Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2018
    great info! I just put in my app a few weeks back, did my interview the other day, and now waiting on all background checks to come back. Curious as all terminals are run differently, I'll be out of WS terminal(if hired), and was told my first year would be around 60K. I'll start at 95% top pay, then after first year at 100% top pay. Also, I'm assuming I'd be home for 2-3 days(sometimes) with no work, just hang by the phone. Doesn't bother me. I'd like to pm you about a few questions or if anyone on here is out of Winston Salem yard that'd be great.

Brac68 Thanks this.
  7. jhurle9403

Aug 31, 2016
    Centre, AL
    PM away my friend I’m happy to Help. Yes there are slow times. Week before last I took two days off and then sat by the phone for 2 days. Still made $1300 for the week. It’s a great job. I go to Winston quite a bit.

Brac68 Thanks this.
  8. rodman71

rodman71 Light Load Member

May 4, 2014
    no

9. Brac68

Brac68 Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2018
    Trinity, NC
    Thank you for all that information. I had been searching forever for answers about orientation. I put in my application back in October of 2018. It was a long process, just went for drug test hair follicle test and DOT physical today. I didn't think to ask Mr. Roberts in Kernersville (Winston Salem) any questions about orientation or training.
    So that being said, Staring as a road driver, I am assuming that Orientation will be at my home terminal? (Kernersville/Winston) And does all their new hire road drivers go out with a trainer?
    Thank you in advance.

10. jhurle9403

Aug 31, 2016
    Centre, AL
    Orientation will be held there at your terminal. They made me make a run (just a turn, so we were back home that evening) with a trainer. The other guy in my orientation had pulled doubles before and felt he didn’t need a training run so they didn’t make him. I was happy to take a training run.

Orientation is paid as 8 hours a day. I think ours was 3 days. The training run, if you do one, is paid as if you were doing a normal run by yourself. It is a good way to practice your paperwork and ask questions.

Brac68 Thanks this.
  11. Brac68

Brac68 Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2018
    Trinity, NC
    Thank you, I have only ever pulled 53 ft trailers, never doubles before. So, I welcome a training session. I have also never hooked doubles before, so a little nervous, but I know I will pick it up in no time. So thank you for all the info.

;)

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2019
    jhurle9403 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.