Abilene Experience

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by BigBrin, Nov 2, 2013.

1. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    He da man! He learned from the best, my DM.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigBrin

BigBrin Medium Load Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Mechanicsville, VA
    Well I have been off-line here for a couple weeks. Sorry, as some of you know, I was playing Softball Hero for our office team and yep, hurt myself. I tore my Achilles tendon in my right leg. Hit the ball and went to push off out of the box and it popped and retracted into my calf. Doc says greater than 50% tear. Surgery eminent. In a cast now and then in one after for 2 months.
    We are building up ABIWES, our new West Memphis terminal. Going to have a shop and staff. Brett is moving out there. Lots of change coming. Good change, growth.

Skydiver Thanks this.
  4. YardDart

YardDart Medium Load Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Mustang, ok
    Growth is not always good especially in the trucking business. You go from a person to a number. I like it here at Abilene but they still haven't mastered the size we are now. But with that being said they are better than 99.9% of all the trucking companied out there. Now that I think about it I don't think a any trucking company it mastered but Abilene is close. The last two times I was at the yard it was absolutely refreshing looking in yhe maintenance shop and seeing work being done. Thanks maint shop for your work. Oh in case you haven't noticed they have load lock racks on the new trucks.

5. YardDart

YardDart Medium Load Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Mustang, ok
    BG whats the deal with load straps. I stopped by dock to get some Sat. I looked and didn't see any then asked guy loading a trailer and he said they didn't have any and they weren't going to buy anymore. Is this true and if so are they gonna but load lock racks on all the trucks?
    Thanks. Go O's

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.