Abilene Motor Express....A New Place To Call Home

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Rocknroller4

Rocknroller4 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2015
    Hey all. Been a while. How are you all doing at Abilene?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    Company drivers can no longer claim the per diem so it is actually to our benefit...unless you want to pay higher taxes. I made $1000 less in 2018 than I did in 2017, but had to pay $716 more in taxes due to the inability to claim per diem as an itemized deduction.

To your main question, no, the increase to 11 CPM wasn't discussed with that drivers that I know of. I do remember them announcing the increase when the new tax "cut" was voted in though. If given the option I would have wanted an even higher CPM paid as per diem.

MidWest_MacDaddy and Silverdriver Thank this.
  4. Silverdriver

Silverdriver Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2013
    When that change appear I ask myself the same questions.
    What meeting? What drivers?:eek:

MidWest_MacDaddy Thanks this.
  5. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Nope. I’m thinking we were left out and that duscussion was held behind closed doors.

6. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Absolutely.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  7. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Not so sure about that... I took my third truck out for a test drive this morning and I think some holes didn’t get filled... but I think some stuff related to the Once and Future Guard Shack did get fixed... maybe in prep for new building... who knows...

If they are filled and fixed, another one is growing just below the surface.

8. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    But oh no no no... I was informed by a VP that it was due to “Driver Push Back” on the issue... or else that accounting manipulation would have been done away with... lol

More Blown Smoke???
    Never. Not here!!!

9. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    What? Really? Seriously?

Ok, I have now been educated on yet another change... I didn’t know the per Diem tax deduction disappeared ... wow.

So what do we do now? Keep track of all food expenses and truck expense? Or can’t claim anything?

If per Diem is gone, can we deduct any expenses? Or just no food deductions?

Geesh... what else has changed that I’m ignorant of... lol ... yes yes... I’m certainly ignorant of many things... I’m focusing on OTR only... lol

10. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Everyone was happy with Trumps tax break. My buddy who works for a different company has an exact tax return he filed last week as he did last year, last year he got back $5600, this year under the new tax bill, $980. Same deductions, same earnings, same everything. But hey, it sounded good at the time.

11. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Since I have a retirement and wont receive any of my SS income, I told my company I would rather be paid in cash, no questions asked. LOL They didnt go for it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.