Abilene Motor Express....A New Place To Call Home

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Apr 10, 2013.

1. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    This new model does seem to ride a bit smoother... I’ll say that much... or my 18xx had issues... lol

This truck was very clean on the inside but dang they were hard on the exterior... several pieces of plastic are cracked or broken and been mended... the cat walk is jacked up like they rammed a King Pin into it... the back left corner faring has had an obvious run it with a jack knifed trailer... several pieces of external shell vibrate due to some crack not holding it in place.

At least no one will notice if, or when, I add a boo boo to it... lol ... which I do hope I don’t.

And it was MUCH cleaner on the inside than the first option... that one made my skin crawl... no way I was sleeping in that cab... thankfully there was an option... or I would still be in my old one...

heading back to Houston today

stay safe out there!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. racemaxx24

racemaxx24 Heavy Load Member

Jul 4, 2014
    East TN
    push down on the toggle circled to set cruise, toggle up to increase speed toggle down to decrease

Attached Files:

MidWest_MacDaddy Thanks this.
  4. Silverdriver

Silverdriver Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2013
    1-Turn on the CC.. When on it will come up in your left side of the speedometer.
    2- Develop the desire speed with the foot pedal.
    3- when you have reached the desire speed push the small lever under the CC control up and it will hold your speed.
    4- To cancel it or resume just hit the small square that's at the bottom of the small lever.
    The cruise control also has a good feature of keeping the speed desire with the Jake Brake on the "A" position. But you must be careful! If you're trailer is very heavy going down in certain areas it won't work.
    You have to play with it and after a while you will get the idea at what speed to set up so that the Jake Brake can handle it with no problem.

5. racemaxx24

racemaxx24 Heavy Load Member

Jul 4, 2014
    East TN
    The button with the gauge in the pic I posted is for setting jake cruise speed. With cruise set push that button, speed will come up in the bottom right of information center then use the cruise speed up/down toggle to adjust speed you want the jakes to come on when set to “A” on the stalk

6. jarhead0311

jarhead0311 Road Train Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Buckhannon,WV
    This ch robinson load is a cluster fxck to start....told to be show up 1300, show up 1300 and load was supposed to pickup last friday and they told me it would be 1600 before they get to me. Didn't get a dock til about 1700 and finally loaded after 1800....way over my 14 but thankfully I can stay here for the night. Supposed to deliver 1600 Wed. in McDonough Ga. Im in Enid OK. GPS put me on a road with a 20 ton limit getting here, good thing I know my empty weight with a dry van trailer, it is 17.8 tons. Won't be going that way loaded, lol! This whole day was screwed up....sometimes I wonder about the office ppl here. Three of us show up in OKC this morning with hill phoenix loads at a storage place and they gave us all the wrong appt times so we just unloaded in the order we arrived.....

Silverdriver, JohnBoy and Finfn1372 Thank this.
  7. Finfn1372

Finfn1372 Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2014
    Greenville,NC
    Ive been questioning the office people alot here lately,today they gave me a 2 pu chicken load with a little over 2 hours on my clock,and I still had over an hour to first pu.Would have probally been fine if I didn't sit for 3 hours after I was empty.

It seems here lately,the freights been garbage,everbody has a nonchalant attitude.

Sorry for the rant,it just seems like times are a changing,good thing I have vacation in December,I need it,might look around a little.

8. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Thanks... it never occurred to me to use that toggle... I saw the cancel/resume button... I assumed the Speedo icon button did something... but ya, I’ll try the toggle tonight.

thanks!!!

9. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Five of us went to Houston today with HPx loads... all of us had the wrong address... I called in only to be given the first driver that hit this issue and found out where we were going... called him and woke him up... got the directions but he didn’t know North from south so he sent me out of town... 15 miles out I turn around... I get to the road he said but nothing... called him again, woke him up a second time... we could not figure it out... I called dispatch again... they finally had to take a picture of their screen to show me where the first two were at... three roads all with similar names...

Wrong data and do you think anyone would call the other four to give them a heads up that the address was wrong??? Nope, just let all five guys hit the same wrong address and all told to call the other drivers... while I’m always, ok normally, willing to help another driver it’s silly that we can’t be proactive when the very first guy hits the issue.

and I really hated to wake up a fellow driver on his ten

ok, break over... time to drive... stay safe!!!

10. Silverdriver

Silverdriver Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Always when I see a load assignment that involves "CH Robinson" I pull out my Advils for the headache that's coming.

11. Finfn1372

Finfn1372 Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2014
    Greenville,NC
    Maybe its me but I don't remember us having so many broker loads,my dm told me friday before I went home,that the company now has a no more than 150 mile deadhead policy.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    MidWest_MacDaddy and Silverdriver Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.