ALREADY Fustrated With Con-way

Discussion in 'Con-Way' started by ZX14, Jan 15, 2012.

1. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    WHAT!!! No updates from the OP!!! Can you believe that?:biggrin_2555:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. aka big country

aka big country Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2012
    aurora,ohio
    i just got a prehire are they a good company to work for??

4. Wharf Rat

Wharf Rat Light Load Member

May 2, 2011
    Bridgeville, DE
    I'll try and keep this short. I had orientation the week of the tornado, sat in Joplin 9 days after boot camp till my finisher showed up. They have been straight up with me. Can I complain about a few things???sure. But it's not really worth it. I get paid every week, drive a great truck, and get all the support I need. If you want to reach Sally, send her an e-mail, that's what she told you right?
    Give it a chance, you still have to make it through finishing.....some of you won't. This job is not for everyone. It's hard work and you need to manage your time well. Pay attention to your finisher, and ask questions. Also, this time of year you are having weather delays keeping some trucks on the road longer than others. Hang in there. Go take a walk. If you think all that office work is easy, and having a fleet of 2700 trucks is a cake walk, open your own company.
    Welcome to all the new folks and good luck to you....I was in your seat 7 months ago and don't regret my decision for a minute. If your not happy here already, go try another company and post back in 6 months.

Lastly, with all due respect, it's not CFI anymore, it's Con-Way. Get over it and move on. Nobody ever said it was still going to be the same. The company got bought out for a reason.

vmaggs, mustang970, ECU51 and 2 others Thank this.
  5. Countyboy

Countyboy Medium Load Member

Nov 10, 2010
    Littleton, NH
    Just one thing I notice not just in this form but in most on this site; most complaints are from "drivers w/ no experience or less the. 1 year so a few thoughts.

1) many of you may have gotten encouragement and participation trophies your entire lives. Yes your mom thinks your special but now your in the adult world and in that world not everything goes by your time frame or exactly the way it is suppose to

2) no company is perfect, if you don't like your experience at Conway leave, you'll probably find out no employer thinks your as great as you think you are and might find out the economy isn't great...also will find out no employer is as great as they tell you.

3) we all have bad days/busy days, don't get frusturated when something doesn't happen the first try, Persistance beats Resistance. Stay positive and professional and try to bring up not just problems with the company point of contact but your own realistic solutions or what exactly would help you.

4)New drivers need to pay their dues, everyone agrees, BUT by no means does that mean anyone needs to be completely disrespected or become disenfranchised to the point of giving up. Your here because you want to work and specifically drive. Work is like life, the only reason your having huge problems is because you didn't solve the small problems and they grew. Be proactive in doing your best to clearly express what the issue is, why you feel it is an issue, and how YOU are willing to work TOGETHER w/ the other person to help them solve the issue.

Remember not everyone you will deal with is great but remain professional and respectful and youll make it, but be realistic in your expectations and hold yourself to a higher standard then others can

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
    123456, Truckernurse and lonewolf4ad Thank this.
  6. Starlifter141

Starlifter141 Bobtail Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Swartz Creek, Mi

I have been researching companies for a couple of weeks now. I hope to be starting CDL training in a few weeks and have been offered a pre-hire from Con-Way. I am seriously considering their offer.This was an incredibly helpful thread. Actually, a bunch of you have commented on several threads. The more I read, the more I learn. Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences...good, bad, or indifferent.

ECU51 Thanks this.
  7. paul_4lp

paul_4lp Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Fort Myers, FL
    Ahhhh you left out "ugly" lol....I'm sure there a couple!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.