Am I A Real Trucker?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by TruckingStraight, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    [​IMG]
    There's a fake truck pretending to be a real truck can you spot the faker?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Then I’m not a True Trucker...
    (and again, I’m ok with that)

The two saying I remember are:

“If chains are required, shut down... there ain’t nothing in that box worth risking you life”

and

“Chains are there to help you get out of ####, not get into it deeper”

TruckingStraight, x1Heavy and Mike2633 Thank this.
  4. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    I guess at least your not a motorcycle driver they are the lowest on the DMV list.

A
    B
    C
    M

How would a cdl A with auto restriction feel next to a Cdla A with no restriction or even An A with tanker, doubles triples hazmat? I guess there’s an order to the pecking list.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  5. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Third from the Left.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  6. Chubby Fly

Chubby Fly Medium Load Member

Nov 25, 2019
    showing up at a truck stop with a non cdl box truck wanting to be a trucker is the same as meeting up at hells angel gtg with a scooter wanting to be a biker.
    So, unless your box truck has a 550 kitty under the hood and a 18 speed, no you arent a trucker in that thing. But that is funny question

TruckingStraight and LoneRanger Thank this.
  7. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018

Didn’t know you needed a kitty to do the job of a Detroit Diesel. Or even 18 speeds when a 10 will do.

See op even us “truckers” rib each other.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  8. Chubby Fly

Chubby Fly Medium Load Member

Nov 25, 2019

9. Snow Monster

Snow Monster Medium Load Member

Feb 9, 2019
    I ran around on 30 wheels for a few years, guess I can look down on the 18 wheelers.

x1Heavy and Mike2633 Thank this.
  10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Any one can make a detriot go up hill.

It's really good to make Cat purr. Im not going to pick on Cummins too much. I remember a few of their engines were adequate.

Yes if you needed chain, park it. However due to the mind set in dispatch that weather does not matter... thats why I like to see it delivered no matter the weather. However when I parked her (And I have a times...) I refuse to accept any blow back from dispatch. They can #### well drive it.

A good driver knows when to say no. A good Dispatch knows when no is no. Wait a while. Every time I dealt with dispatchers to a certain point, it's almost reminding me of the original blueberry girl in the Wonka movie from the 70's time period. I want that, I want this, I wont take no, Daddy!!! etc.

Snow Monster and TruckingStraight Thank this.
  11. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Chain or not to chain, hmmm... depends on the girl, opp's can't say that here.... Depends totally on the situation, I will chain if I think its safe to proceed, really try to listen to the weather and avoid the garbage if possible.

As far as one driver looking down on another because of what they drive, get over yourself, your not that important. As a temp driver I drive most everything, but I have to tell you a 2 axle bobtail is not a truck any more than a pickup truck. I do't look down on you because you drive a bobtail, ut why you would think your more of a driver than a FedEx, UPS, or any other of the guys who slam iron and get down the road when most of us are sleeping thru the storm beats me. Those drivers drive and for the most part deliver no matter what as log as the roads open, crazy or not deserves a certain amount of respect. If in doubt next time your running through the Great Lakes, and you cant see because it's raining ice and your wipers are icecycles, follow that FedEx or Buster brown instead of parking your 2 axle box truck, then tells us your better because your class c says so. I don't think so.

Mike2633 and TruckingStraight Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.