Am i been blacked balled? Am I? I think i Am!!!

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by stylez80Nine, Apr 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Landstar. Van.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    You can count on me sir.

homeskillet, D.Tibbitt and buddyd157 Thank this.
  4. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    Everyone takes it in the ### the first year. One of the worst things you can do to get on your career off on the wrong foot is start to jump around.

You'll find that company that will take you after 90 days under your belt is going to be the same ####, with a different name on the door.

Freight is slow right now for the mega's, and they are ####ting their pants. Until you get a year in, you're dogmeat.

And 3 hours is nothing.

The best thing you could for yourself is learn to deal with situations of waiting, cause waiting happens in this business.

5. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Darnit Dave, why do have to be so reasonable? You know I like to disagree with you.

6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    He's a company driver though.

Dave_in_AZ, homeskillet and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  7. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    LOL dave pulling a snider pumpkin trailer with ur bright blue truck now that would be a sight to see, look like the circus coming to town LOL

8. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia

While this thread is still open I will toss in my
    [​IMG]

Yes, it is possible to get on a load planners crap list. In doing so you don't get premium loads and can get leapfrogged by other drivers. You can not get loaded sometimes because of your empty location and a load that has your name on it is not ready. It is very well possible you are not loaded because freight is dead where you are. I was in trucking for a long time during my career. I have been laid over in some of the dadgummest places imaginable. It's part of trucking AND ALL CARRIERS go through it from time to time. I remember once I sit in Ohio for almost a week because of a strike that shut down a customers product line. It is also mind-numbing to be on that end of it because you are not in the company offices. You also have 3 months. You change jobs right now and you might find yourself with a trainer. I suggest chilling out right now. This job is stressful enough as it is. No need to add to it by going off when there might well be nothing going on. You are right, if you are bored come on into the politics section, the password was last I looked thickskin. Pass the time. Back a few years ago on another forum I managed I had some of the best fun of my life watching the old timers troll you greenhorns. Honestly though, calm down!

stylez80Nine, buddyd157 and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  9. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    This right here, if you're only in it for the money you'll always be looking at the greener grass on the other side of the fence, and this goes for any and every industry.

buddyd157 and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  10. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    when i started it was mostly long haul and i enjoyed it, didnt feel like i was "paying my dues", these short haul companies paying by the mile with no detention pay are just a plain rip off, my starting pay was low but i enjoyed the job for the most part, i dont see how anyone would enjoy starting out these days at these companies, they have just turned it all into being a local driver with a sleeper getting paid by the mile while waiting to load short haul runs with no detention,if its money your after that certainly isnt the way to start, i wouldnt of lasted if thats how i started, not because i cant handle it but because it simply wouldnt be worth the aggravation. dont add up the miles you get paid vs the miles you run or you will really lose it.

11. chimbotano

chimbotano Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Seriously? Are you an American ? Would you teach to your children to take the abuse ? If the guy is doing his part and he is taking pride on what he is doing . Don’t put up with #### like that ! If you are an honest employee and your employer is not doing his part , find something better . Don’t ever put up with #### like that !! Big boys pants doesn’t mean take the abuse .

stylez80Nine and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.