Am i been blacked balled? Am I? I think i Am!!!

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by stylez80Nine, Apr 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    I'm glad social media, and forums like this weren't around 30+ years ago when I started.
    I just had to ask Ol' Popcorn, and Jeter, and Kermit, and 1-2-3 what I should be doing when we stopped for a sandwich halfway to Chicago.
    I listened.
    I learned.
    I got out of line, and got corrected.

Bide your time, youngster.
    No one here wants to see you fail.
    We will break our backs to help you.
    But, if you pee into a fan... expect some blowback.

Have a NICE talk with your driver manager/load planner and tell her that you'd like to run a bit harder.
    Get on the same page.
    Follow through with what you say you'll do.

Above all.. don't become a job hopper.
    Nothing wrong with a greener pasture, but they all tend to LOOK that way til you get there.

With a few years safe experience, you can land some really good jobs.
    Right now you're just a tiny krill in a giant school of other new krill.
    Swim to the top.

Just my 2c

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    Chill out learn how work the system to your advantage. You only have 3 months you can't be making demands. I've read your other posts. You want hours and good pay. Find an oilfield company. Wheather it hauling sand, a frac crew, or cement crew. You'll make money and you deff won't be sitting on your arse that a guarantee

Rubber duck kw and buddyd157 Thank this.
  4. HoneyBadger67

HoneyBadger67 Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN
    What a great read!
    I LOVE fresh fish that want "what they deserve" fresh out of school. I'm not ashamed (anymore) to say that my first job was with Werner. I had a great trainer and they gave me a (halfway) decent truck to start off with. I ran 11 west fresh off the trainer's truck and ran all the miles they would give me. I learned a lot that first year, from how to go down a mountain properly to throwing tire chains and crawling up and down snow covered roads.
    I was about 4yrs and 3 different companies in before I thought I'd learned enough to do the dangerous(?) flatbed stuff and that's pretty much where I've been the last many years with these past 2.5 as an O/O.
    Dues? Everyone has to pay 'em and some folks pay higher than others (usually by their own fault). Consider them your learning taxes 'cause there's no getting around 'em.
    It looks like you have a shiny new television. I'm assuming, since you've stated you don't have an inverter, you bought a DC model from your local fuel stop? This means you kinda enjoy being taken advantage of.... Get yourself a really good antenna and become involved in the plot of daytime programming, you won't find those 3hr waits to be quite so onerous. Kiss your fleet manager's backside for a while, and they'll forgive you soon enough.
    Remember...EVERY recruiter is going to lie to you. At least you've already heard the ones from the Great Pumpkin.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2019
    D.Tibbitt and Lepton1 Thank this.
  5. stylez80Nine

stylez80Nine Light Load Member

Dec 2, 2018
    Walmart is ur best friend

6. stylez80Nine

Dec 2, 2018
    U know me so well

7. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    No! He knows your type by the comments you are making. Here is some great advice you should but won't listen to. Stop posting snarky replies, you might think you know better BUT YOU DO NOT!

Lepton1, buddyd157 and ncmickey Thank this.
  8. stylez80Nine

Dec 2, 2018
    And how do u know I’m not taking the advice and if u don’t like my replies don’t read simple

9. ncmickey

ncmickey Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Durham NC
    OP, you’ve gotten some good advice here. The only thing I could add is something I’ve learned here on the forums. Posting with some humility and respect gets the same in return. Even if it’s something you don’t wanna hear. There is so many years of experience here. An open mind and closed mouth goes along way....

10. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    I think we've gone as far as we can here. Thanks to everybody who tried to help the OP. He got some great advice here. He should take some of it.
    This thread is closed,

D.Tibbitt, Lepton1, chimbotano and 4 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.