An Easy Way to Get Your OWN TRUCK !

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by DoubleDear, Jan 31, 2009.

1. JJ 501

JJ 501 Bobtail Member

Jul 30, 2013
    If the engine has been overhauled recently,
    You don'the
    For $11,000 you are just paying for an overhauled engine,a rebuilt transmission will cost about $3800 + -,so I think you're getting a good deal.Good luck.

Deecutta Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GroundRound

GroundRound Bobtail Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Looking at that picture makes me think that truck looks very "peachy" if you catch my drift.

4. AshtonMarie81

AshtonMarie81 Light Load Member

Apr 2, 2016
    I'm in the process of buying a truck from an O/O gonna make weekly payments, and the truck is a very well maintained 2006 freightliner Columbia condo sleeper,, when u say O/O take good care of thier trucks. This trucks regular maintenance schedule was full chassis lube every 6k and full oil change and lube every 12k,, and all gear oils replaced every 6 months... truck has just over 900k on the clock with no major issues.. it actually runs better then the company truck I'm currently driving that has half the miles.. this will be my first truck to own and I'm hoping to eventually get more trucks like it and run a small local fleet of trucks..

Deecutta Thanks this.
  5. wildercorp

wildercorp Bobtail Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Chula Vista, CA
    I'm readying along and think everyone is better off than me. I was just thinking about getting a truck from Lone Mountain has anyone had any dealings with them?

darthanubis Thanks this.
  6. Stacie

Stacie Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Md
    I'm interested in how you go about selling your truck and taking payments for it? I have a friend that wants my truck but his credit is crap. If he doesn't pay I'll just repo my truck. So my question is how do we do this? I'm not signing my title over till it's paid for and he can't get a lease till he has a title

7. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    It is a bit more complicated than you think, so I would get a lawyer who understands lease purchasing agreements for equipment and ask him. You can get burned easily.

By the way, in business, there are a couple hard and fast rules, one is never ever work with relatives or friends, and the other that applies to trucking - do not ever lease anything to anyone who can't afford to run it.

Stacie Thanks this.
  8. Stacie

Stacie Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Md
    Thanks gotcha

9. Eska

Eska Light Load Member

Dec 21, 2015
    I started with lone mountain. They are netiher saints nor evil. You need to take a good look in the truck. Do dyno where they say you could. But do the dot inspection and mechanical inspection somewhere else that has no ties to lone mountain. Look for the recently erased codes and make sure they are fixed not just erased. And if you decide to sign the lease make sure to balance the steers and do a 3 axle allignment.

10. towboater

towboater Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2017
    good post and info thanks guys!

11. Wanderer1

Wanderer1 Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Ask your daughter
    A guy I used to be leased to (Pops,now retired) sold an old Pete 359 to a driver he kinda,sorta knew. Asked my advice before he sold it and I told him he was nuts, but he let the guy have it anyway with nothing down, low and behold, he did pay it off.

Deecutta Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.