Anderson for an o/o

Discussion in 'Anderson' started by The Great 1, Jul 6, 2012.

1. The Great 1

The Great 1 Light Load Member

Mar 4, 2012
    tennessee
    good deal high five. why you wait so long?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. taxiguy79

taxiguy79 Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Yes the great1 I'm leased into them I'm not flats thought about going into it but I landed a good thing an got into the ikea fleet all loads out is under 20 to 25k back hauls can get a lil heavier but I avg. around 2, 2.50 a mile some times 3 so ill be staying where I am. I know a few guys on flat it seems good once u get pass the first class so your making % but was told u can get that done in 3 months. An why I asked about van or flat they need a couple more drivers for ikea and they put up a 2000 sign on if drivers come in to ikea.

The Great 1 and Pound Puppy Thank this.
  4. The Great 1

The Great 1 Light Load Member

Mar 4, 2012
    tennessee
    Id def still be in platform. Just not sure if i want to go to elog before its actually mandantory.

5. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

You go with ATS and you will be e log.
    Plus you can not use your own trl,,
    There are other compaines that will let you pull your own trl.. and no e logs

6. taxiguy79

taxiguy79 Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2012
    elogs ant that bad you can still make alot of money with it and it saves your butt from any big fines if u get caught runing over on paper

7. HighFive

HighFive Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Richmond, Va
    I waited so I can leave them company I'm with on good terms and most of winter to be gone. Rates should be going up shortly I'm thinking.

8. Pound Puppy

Pound Puppy Heavy Load Member

May 31, 2010
    Amherst, OH
    Taxiguy, you still doing Ikea? Ive been thinking about leasing on to do it.

9. thirdreef

thirdreef Medium Load Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Reno,Nv
    If you go with ATS in a non oversize.. Try to get in their granite division. You haul headstone, vaults, building siding etc. with he head stones you might have 10 or 15 drops, depending on how they are billed you get multi drop pay. They had 2 guys that headed east every week with like 100 drops, take the week to do it and go home empty. And be willing to go anywhere.. You should try to be out from a month to 6 weeks or longer if you want to make money.

10. Pound Puppy

Pound Puppy Heavy Load Member

May 31, 2010
    Amherst, OH
    I just leased on in Specialized last week. So far I pulled a one stop granite load a to Ct. The rate was crap, and my load out rate is crap. I definitely feel mislead by the recruiter (shocker) but ill give em 90 days and re-evaluate.

11. thirdreef

thirdreef Medium Load Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Reno,Nv
    with the granite.. If you have 10 stops, and are the same customer, you get 9 extra stop pay.. But if all 10 are from 10 different customers, no extra drop pay.. That's what sucks. I've been with ATS so many times that I have my own parking place .. And quit.. Just give it a couple of months. Some dispatchers are seeing just how far they can push you.. Kind of like paying your dues..they had me tarping so much once, I told them one more tarp load, I would put a virus in their computer on the word tarp. Funny thing, I didn't get a tarped load for a long time. One thing I liked about the head stones were the mom and pop type people that you met. And remember, if you damage a rock.. Tell the receiver the first words out of your mouth.. And most times they will tell you don't worry about it.. But don't let them find it on their own.. Then it will hit the fan. I have gotten out of scratches on the finished surface to cracks in the seams on the building siding rock sheets. Good luck and hope it gets better for you

Pound Puppy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.