Anybody know part number for long bolt to adjust fan clutch on 6nz?

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by jriol94, Nov 14, 2020.

1. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    About 11 years now lol.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Caterpillar Cowboy

Caterpillar Cowboy Heavy Load Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Wyoming
    Thank you more for kitties for me!

dirthaller Thanks this.
  4. Caterpillar Cowboy

Caterpillar Cowboy Heavy Load Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Wyoming
    Back to the OP,
    If memory serves me right, I believe that the long rod is part of the truck manufacturer's side of things.

Again, asking of my memory is alot, but I am thinking when I was going through this, I replaced the fan clutch hub and the old one got tossed before I pulled the bracket off the back that it threads into, and was on a search for a new one a couple of days later.

With an engine serial number, Cat's part website is pretty easy to use, once you become fluent in Caterpillar's language, how they file parts under names of sections of an engine, or machine for that matter. Also making it easier to differentiate if it's a Cat part or needs to be sourced from the truck's OEM.

5. swaan

swaan Road Train Member

Jul 12, 2009
    BC canada
    Jeez. Just get a piece ready rod . Cut to right length and weld a nut on the top. Done. Not hard guys

AModelCat and spsauerland Thank this.
  6. CharlottaOkoren

CharlottaOkoren Bobtail Member

Jul 13, 2022
    I'm also used to improving the details if they don't fit the length or width of the hole. Spending an extra hour on welding or filing is much easier than monitoring store sites. Unfortunately, this strategy is not always suitable if maximum accuracy is needed.

7. CharlottaOkoren

CharlottaOkoren Bobtail Member

Jul 13, 2022
    In such cases, I buy fasteners from Scrooz. They have the largest assortment, so often, I find everything I need. You can try calling the workshop. Workers sometimes buy spare parts that are lying idle. Good luck with the repairs. Be careful when adjusting the clutch fan.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.