Back up until you hit something, then set the brakes

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by cmarona463, Aug 13, 2019.

1. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I think he did good,with my long wheel base tractor, I would have had to bend that pole over a lot more to get parked there.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. shatteredsquare

shatteredsquare Road Train Member

May 23, 2014
    middle dirt
    it's fine, the trash can likes it

Lepton1 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  4. Fold_Moiler

Fold_Moiler Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2017
    I had to back though and around a McDonald’s before while they were open.

Back 90 turn back again. Lot was full, tore a parked cars bumper off with my drive tire trying to turn between the parked cars and the drive through.

I was new to trucking, knowing what I know now I would have told dispatch to fly a kite and do it at night not during the lunch rush.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  5. Fold_Moiler

Fold_Moiler Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2017
    So someone can pull it

FlaSwampRat and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  6. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    What had happened was--- I was going to clean all the trash out of my truck in the morning and I didnt want anyone filling that trash can.

FlaSwampRat and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  7. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    I was at the Love's in Las Cruces today. It's pretty tight getting in to the fuel islands there. In addition, the islands are kinda at a funky angle so you come into them at an angle and gotta be careful pulling out or you'll hit big concrete bollards that have been set to protect the Innocents. Mr. C.R England pulls out and doesn't adjust for the angle. Scraped the bollard so bad his drives we're almost hoppin on the slick concrete. Didn't matter. Everyone's watching as he gives it more throttle. Creased the trailer side pretty good, didn't look back and drove away. Great entertainment.

I hope I don't contract bad juju for tellin the story.

kemosabi49 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  8. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Got one for you, it is something that I wish my driver would have done more to correct the other driver's behavior.

My driver was done for the day and headed to some truck stop I think in Maryland or somewhere around there. He said it is an almost empty lot, pulled near the far end of the lot to find a spot to pull up into. He was going to sweep out the trailer and then go in for a shower, leaving his phone in the cab. He opens the door, starts doing his sweeping thing and then he notices another truck backing into the spot behind him. He doesn't think much of it and keeps sweeping until the idiot hits the trailer, knocking him down. The other driver doesn't move forward, sets his brakes and idles the truck for some stupid reason (it is 65 degrees). The trailer is right up against our trailer with a two or three inch gap so my driver is blocked from getting out. My driver spent five hours in the trailer, beating on the walls and yelling to get someone's attention, until someone parked in the next spot and did a post trip - keep telling my drivers to do post trips. He was so pissed off at this idiot who hit the trailer when he got out but he wouldn't do much about it, he just mentioned to the idiot he needs to get out and look if you hit something.

9. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Now that is funny, I don't care who you are. two drivers screwing up at the same time.
    Did you mention to your driver that he should park on the back row and sweep out off of the parking lot?

86scotty, Lepton1 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  10. Makeajump

Makeajump Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Texas
    He's a trash compactor.....

11. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Lol. If you don't know what is slowing you down then you need more/moar throttle!

Lepton1 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.