Basically blacklisted I guess what can I do?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by mmstumph, Feb 21, 2020.

1. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    There is no law that states that on a federal level. Some state laws are a bit more specific but you are still wrong.
    Companies can say anything they want to about you as long as it's true. Most companies simply have policies to give dates only, but that a policy decision and not law.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I'm not sure that is correct, but for the purposes of my reply, it's not significant. Carriers get around this by getting the applicant to sign a waiver for them to get most all the information. Don't sign and they round file the application.

4. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    They don't have the integrity to report something on your DAC report? It's gossip. They're reporting onto HireRight or some other. That's pretty bad.
    I asked HireRight for my report. They haven't given it to me yet. Supposed to be able to contest anything on there?
    These people in administration are pretty bad.

5. mmstumph

mmstumph Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Yeah my DAC report and MVR are clean.

6. Pharroh336

Pharroh336 Light Load Member

Apr 4, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    Sysco Jacksonville. If you don't mind the physical work. Fair warning, they also have drivecams and a zero tolerance distracted driving policy. Local job, and big $$$$. Hope this helps. Good luck.

7. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    I stand corrected.
    I just went and did a deep Google search and it is NOT against the law for an ex employer to spill the beans,or say whatever they wish.
    It is, however, a faux pas that is not commonly practiced and if found out should be addressed with a cease and desist letter.

It's not a law... more of a policy... for employers to only verify dates of employment and whether or not that person would be eligible for rehire.
    Touche'

8. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    You were not corrected by me, because I have no expertise in employment law. I just know it's mostly state-dependent and not being an attorney I rather just bracket my comments with an "I'm not sure". I was also just saying the means that carriers get around all this. I do know that there is a lot of debate over privacy issues as they deal with a regulated industry. This includes medical privacy.

9. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    This entire industry is crapola. Over Thanksgiving, which was the largest traffic nightmare I have ever driven in, I was hit by two different people in less than 4 days. Both were at fault, and I was not ticketed. I was doing a job interview and about to be hired when I told the person and they said they were sorry, I wasn't employable. Come back when my MVR was cleaned up. I have zero tickets of any kind, but they (unfairly) refuse to hire because I was in two accidents. Considering the sheer volume of traffic over the holidays it was a miracle it wasn't more. Normally it's a 3.5 to 4 hour run to Atlanta. It was taking over 5. I'm sure many of you were caught up in this. We need a union of some kind to protect us from these unfair practices.

10. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    I don't know where you live but if it's in a major metro area there might be some smaller LTL's that will hire you for P&D bumping docks. Not a big money job...usually in the $15-20/hr range at the mom and pop or medium sized places and maybe overtime but it's easy work and they usually have good medical plans and other bennies after 30 or 90 days you'll never get at a mega carrier. If you have a solid year of OTR experience and no tickets or accidents they will look at you. You might even try the larger ones like Old Dominion, FedEx Freight, Saia, UPS Freight, Estes, XPO, etc. The terminal managers at those places have some leeway if they can see you face to face and think you're alright. Those places actually do give a crap about their drivers and don't like turnover. They like good guys who don't piss off the regular customers.

11. AM14

AM14 Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Jefferson Twp. NJ
    Did you request to see this "reflection" video? Also I'm curious why they dont just install driver facing cameras at that point. Seems a whole lot easier than watching for lights on the glass. Good luck. Your career is far from over though.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.