Big hooks....where to find??

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Gambi80, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Gambi80

Gambi80 Medium Load Member

80 is fine...should've specified 70 or above. Most what I've found locally has been 43(?). Where'd you find the one pictured??

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WMGUY

WMGUY Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Nine Mile Falls, WA
    I found that picture on tulsa chain.com but any rigging supplies should have it I know both of the rigging stores in spokane Have them

aiwiron Thanks this.
  4. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    The regular chain hook is called a grab hook, look for a clevis slip hook.

not4hire Thanks this.
  5. Grumman

Grumman Light Load Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Locust Grove, GA
    If you ever have to haul a shuttle bus those RTJ hooks will come in handy. The ones built from Ford or Chevy chassis sit too low to get anything around the axles so you really have to go to the frame. Truck N Tow might have those big hooks.

6. SHC

SHC Spoiled Rotten Brat O/O

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    I'm going to TarpStop tomorrow, and I'll look to see if they have any. I'll let ya know

7. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    TSC

Any store that sells 3/8" G70 chain SHOULD have them in stock...or at least be able to get them for you....

8. hyboy67

hyboy67 Bobtail Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Ofallon Mo
    Google Industrail rope and wire. They have all sorts of different size grab hooks and at reasonable prices.

SHC Thanks this.
  9. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Just stopped by the local TSC...they've got at least 10-20 of the ones I posted the link to above in their bin on the shelf right above the buckets with the bulk chain....

10. Gambi80

Gambi80 Medium Load Member

I found a couple of the hooks you linked to at the Rural King here...but they are too small/not a big enough opening for what I'm hauling. It's not a big deal either way, just more for expedient tie down while sleepy truck drivers rocket thru a construction zone 3 feet away from me...

SHC Thanks this.
  11. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Yup, those are the right terms.

I use slip hooks on equipment or structure edges, with clevises, etc. I have four of them and just change out the hook on whatever chain I want to use at the time.

The specific store I got them at won't be of any use to the OP, but they are usually available at truck equipment suppliers, or industrial supply stores.

SHC Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.