BOYD BROS. Going to try it again.....

Discussion in 'Boyd' started by happypappy25, Feb 26, 2009.

1. cruisecontrol

cruisecontrol Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Rockingham, NC
    Worked for Boyd for over 2 years, they have more freight than any other flatbed carrier ive talked to. Had Maverick drivers tell me they are averaging 1100 miles a week, TMC drivers that are running percentage have lost all they had.(and Ive talked to more than 1 driver from both of em) To be honest, Everytime Ive went to Texas, I was stuck out there running ######### runs if I wasnt sitting. I got to know the people real well that work at the TGIFridays in the strip mall next to the TA in Rockwall TX. I dont believe for one minute you will make 800 to 1000 dollars a week running Texas. No way. Maybe your first few weeks, you might make close to that, after 6 weeks, let me know how those 400 dollar paychecks are being rationed out..lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cruisecontrol

Apr 13, 2010
    Rockingham, NC
    oh yea...youll learn in the yard to tarp, strap, chain coils. Then you will go with a trainer for a week to get more flatbed experience. You can get more time if you dont feel comfortable. Great place to get flatbed experience. Once out on the road, most any other Boyd driver will help you out. Never met a better collection of drivers anywhere!!

Travelinman and smoke896 Thank this.
  4. cruisecontrol

Apr 13, 2010
    Rockingham, NC
    some of the loads you dont need muscle to tighten straps, such as sheetrock, or insulation. If the straps are to tight, they will break the product. Now with the binders, If i was woman Id look for someone who uses the ratchet binders, those you can crank tight. Boyd uses the snap binders and they take alot of force all at once. And those coils gotta be tight!

5. justanothercrzytrkdrvr

justanothercrzytrkdrvr Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Fort Worth Tx
    Haven't seen or heard anything back from ya yet - just wondering how its going out there of did u decide on something else?

I've been having second thoughts about it myself - I enjoyed my time with boyd but that was when the miles were there! I've just got that itch to get back out there again and boyd has always been at the top of my list!

Let me know how things are going!

6. justanothercrzytrkdrvr

justanothercrzytrkdrvr Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Fort Worth Tx
    Only students or new hires go out with the trainers...or atleast that is the way it use to be.

I had been off the road for nearly 3 yrs when I went to work for them the first time and I did not have to go out with a trainer at all.

I guess its up to them and how much experience they can verify. There is nothing like good ole fashioned OJT!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.